I telephoned the Hilton Belfast to make a reservation and was transferrred to Hilton central reservation. I spoke to an American lady who took details of my requirements; a double, smoking room, for 2 nights, Saturday and Sunday.
On arrival at hotel at 8.15pm I went to check-in. The receptionist was very polite and efficient until I asked if was smoking room. No, madam, we dont have smoking rooms. I was infuriated. I know smoking or indeed non-smoking rooms cannot be guaranteed but the central reservation had made a booking for me for a smoking room in a totally non- smoking hotel!
I was stuck in Belfast at 8.15 on a Saturday night looking for a hotel room. The manager and staff at Hilton were very apologetic and helpful and called several hotels to find me a room. I have stayed in Hilton Belfast previously, prior to the non-smoking rule, so the review is based on this time, approx 2 years ago.
Unfortunately the only room available was in Europa( see review) but beggars cant be choosers.
This is 2nd time out of 2 that Hilton central reservations has made a mistake with my booking. In June I made reservation for Conrad Hilton in Brussels but upon arrival the receptionist told me was no reservation. After checking it appeared the Central booking department had booked me into the Hilton Brussels, a hotel in a different league to Conrad. The Conrad staff found me a room and the stay was very pleasant but....
PLEASE HILTON GROUP, GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, this is not acceptable for a Hotel group such as yours. A room in the wrong hotel and a smoking room in a non smoking hotel. Guests deserve and expect better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Belfast hotel is an iconic part of he Belfast skyline situated on the banks for the River Lagan in the heart of Belfast City. Next door to the Belfast Waterfront Hall, a few minutes walk to Belfast City Hall and Victoria Square. 5 Minute walk to the SSE (formerly Odyssey) Arena and 1 mile from Titanic Belfast. WiFi is available in all rooms and is free for Hhonors members that book direct(Charges may apply to other bookings). The hotel is 100% non smoking, Executive Floor, Executive Lounge, one Restaurant, one Bar, Fitness Centre/Health Club, Business Centre, Coffee shop, 198 Guest Rooms, Accessible Rooms, nine Meeting Rooms. Check in: 3:00PM, Check out: 12:00PM. Parking available next door - car park for £18.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Belfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Belfast Hotel Belfast
- Hilton International Belfast
- Belfast Hilton International
- Belfast Hilton Hotel