“Pleasant Stay”

Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
Cork, Ireland
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

Very near rail station in the business quarter. Foyer and bars a bit dreary but excellent size bedrooms with great beds and pillows. Lovely views of Lagan River from 5th floor room.
Dinner in restaurant was excellent with attentive staff. Good selection of wines by glass but
it is not the most glamorous dining room in Belfast. Good value for the rate I obtained for a
Sunday which included breakfast.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank ber195
Ciaran M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for Hilton Belfast.

It is always a pleasure to have our guests share their experiences with Tripadvisor. We value all feedback given.

Kind Regards,

Ciarán

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

I booked an adaptable room via booking.com I highlighted my requirements i.e. A walk-in shower and extra pillows due to not being able to take my bed rest with me. As this was a special one night away I booked a more expensive room (a king size deluxe). On arrival there wasn't a room available but I'd booked over a month ago. They said they would therefore upgrade us free of charge to an executive adapted room which wasn't ready and said it would take few minutes and asked us to wait in the bar and would let us know when it was ready. We waited 1hr10mins and it still wasn't ready (I was exhausted from travelling) I went and asked again and they said they would chase it up. A few minutes later we got our room card and went up to the room. To say I was disappointed was an under statement, the room had a shower over the bath - I am unable to get in a bath due to mobility issues hence asking for an adapted room and I had explained this on arrival! The bed had a duvet cover that barely covered the bed with a rip down the side and there were only four pillows which appeared standard. I didn't have the energy to go and argue any further and made do with what we had, although I couldn't shower during my stay which is not pleasant. I checked out without making a complaint but I won't be going back - I just hope our stay at the Blackpool Hilton is better than this one.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jack n Sue W
Thank you for your feedback.

I’m very sorry you did not receive the room you were expecting. This is not acceptable and I will be following up with the team as to why this happened. We are very experienced in dealing with guests with particular requirements please accept my apologies you did not receive this level of service during your stay. Please contact myself directly if you do decide to return. Ciarán.mcmanus@hilton.com

Bury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

I had to go to Belfast on a work-related high court case. I've not been in Belfast since 1956 although I make frequent visits to Northern Ireland. I was so pleasantly surprised from the Belfast I used to visit with my grandmother to visit relative in the city. It used to be so grimy and dark with endless rows of small terraced houses in uniformed streets. In those days we were in the Market between the bus and railway, the gas works and the hide and tallow factory. The old East Street.
Now it's such a vibrant, modern city blessed with lots of new developments and new housing and so much of interest by day and night..

The Hilton personifies the new Belfast. Stylish and spacious hotel. Very friendly and helpful staff in reception, in the restaurant and the household staff - too often the unsung heroes.

Watch out for hotel car parking fees: £18 a day.

Room Tip: Fabulous views from upper floors (we were on the twelfth) over the city to both east and west depend...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Eddie C
Thank you for your kind comments.

Belfast is a great city and has a lot to offer. The Team are very are proud of the city and the hotel alike.

We hope you consider us for any future travel plans.

Colorado Springs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The location was great for walking around the city center. It is about a 30 minute walk to the Titanic Museum. Rooms were big and quiet. Loved the bedding! Check-in and out process was quick. Breakfast selection was good. The biggest disappointment was the dining service at Sonoma. I was a part of a coach group, so I expected there would be some delays but the service was awful. Servers didn't say hello, smile or check on us. I am not exaggerating when I say we asked our server three times for water and several times for bread. I would stay here again but not dine here. Good thing there are plenty of options within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah M
Thank you for taking the time to deliver your feedback.

I'm pleased you were happy with our facilities, but please accept my apologies for the service you received in the restaurant , this is not our usual high standard and I will be passing on your comments to the Food and Beverage manager to investigate.

We hope to see you again soon

Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I recently stayed in the Hilton Belfast with my family and friends. We stayed for two nights and the service was excellent from both the Front Desk and Food and Beverage.

A special mention has to go to John from the Concierge desk. He reccomended and made a reservation for us in Villa Italia.Baring in mind it was a busy Saturday night John manged to secure a table for 8 people at 8.30pm which was perfect as we had been sight seeing all day.The food and atmosphere was great, we all had a fablous meal.
John also arranged two Black Taxis at 11.30am on Sunday morning which brought us on a City Tour. The two drivers were really knowledgeable and very helpful.

We also received outstanding service from Donna in the Excutive Lounge. She could not have done any more for us. She is a great host.

The bedrooms equally lived up to the excellent service we received. Beds where very comfortable and the bathroom had all the neccessary amenities.

The breakfeast buffet was also very good and we enjoyed breafeast on both mornings.

Overall we had a great weekend thanks to the excellent service we received.

We will certainly be back in the near future.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ehagarty8
Thank you for your response.

I am pleased you experienced the 5 star service that we so frequently deliver here at Hilton Belfast. I will make sure Donna receives the credit she deserves. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

We arrived in Belfast via the train, which made the fact that the hotel was a mere footbridge away REALLY good! Having said that, it was a bit of a walk to the central part of Belfast (20 mins or so) and there wasn't a whole lot happening after dark. It was the start of the cruise season, so there were a number of groups in the hotel - thankfully being a Hilton Diamond member, we got access to the lounge which brought a more relaxing breakfast (and afternoon happy hour) as well as some good advise on things to do.

The concierge was really helpful in organizing a few excursions for us (as the weather wasn't great - but it is Ireland after all) as well as taxis. The hotel is a little older and the rooms are starting to show their age (but not in a terrible way - just starting to be a little more worn). Having said that, the bed was extremely comfortable.

I also had the opportunity to use the workout facilities which were a decent size.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DAL504
Thank you for taking the time to deliver your valuable feedback.

I'm pleased to read your stay was to your satisfaction and we met your needs.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

The Hilton Belfast is not as conveniently placed for onward travel by public transport as, say, the Europa, Jury's or the Fitzwilliam given its position.....and that is the only slightly negative thing I can say about the hotel! All else was wonderful- the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was beautifully appointed. The room itself was well-furnished and extremely clean with a view out over the river.

I didn't order food in the hotel restaurant and can't either comment on the gym facilities, but the communal areas, my room and (above all) the staff's welcome were all top class. Highly recommended

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Jakko1
Thank you for your comments.

I’m pleased to hear that your stay with us was an enjoyable one and the efforts of our great team were noticeable. We look forward to welcoming you back.