“Would visit again”

Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Irvine, United Kingdom
“Would visit again”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

First time there and despite some difficulties with the booking the staff at reception were so good, polite and helpful it didn't bother me at all. The concierge in particular deserves a mention as an excellent example of Irish hospitality. The room was good, clean and well maintained and the hotel overall was well situated with great staff. The only reason it didn't get five stars was because the food was only OK, not great but the rest of the hotel made up for it.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank JnReid3
Ciaran M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for Hilton Belfast. It is always a pleasure to have our guests share their experiences with rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next stay.

Ciarán

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I was very happy with the breakfast and reception staff and the decor in my room was excellent. The bed was very comfortable. However I was really let down by housekeeping cleanliness standards. I should have called the manager, because reception staff are and management were very good.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Hilton Belfast. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay and I have shared your kind comments with our team.

I shall also be sure to advise our Housekeeping Manager regarding the cleanliness of the room and also the bed

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Belfast, A marked improvement will be noted.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I found the staff friendly when i arrived and they were helpful regarding restaurants, taxi service etc. I ordered breakfast in my room which was very good and the waitress was excellent. Bar staff accomodating and its great to see a smile behind the bar!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Belfast.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The hotel itself is ideally located for Shopping and access to places such as The Odyssey and nightlife locations. The staff were very friendly and could not have been more helpful. The only downfalls of the stay which detract greatly are the Wifi costs. Free Wifi is only accessible in the lobby and chargeable at £14.99 per day. These rates are extremely dear particularly when it is located right next to BT offices. The Parking charge at a discounted rate of £18 per night from £24 is excessive. While I was dropping off my bags to pre check in before the room was available I parked outside the Hotel. I was not blocking any access routes but was told that clampers had been informed that I was illegally parked. I had parked for less than five minutes and the staff could see I was a guest. Overall the hotel is well equipped and extremely comfortable in all areas but these few issues detract it from being a top quality hotel.

1 Thank JP K
Ciaran M, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast.

I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the WIFI and Car Parking, and I shall certainly share your comments with our General Manager.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Regards,

Dublin
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Like many of the previous reviews I am probably being a bit picky in saying it was not quite up to 5 star standard. The room was fine. The location is good and very central however the car parking price is not really acceptable in my opinion - we arrived at about 1.00pm on a Saturday and left at 5.00pm the next day, Sunday and it cost us £25.60 in car parking fees. Also the breakfast was a bit disappointing - they were running low on bread, cereals etc and we didn't think very much of the hot food. However on a positive note the staff at the front desk are very friendly, helpful and efficient.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us. I appreciate your constructive feedback, and I shall certainly share your comments, both positive and negative with the relevant departments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Fabulous modern hotel with excellent amenities ! Brilliant location easy walking distance to titanic experience and crumlin road jail .... Very close to the shopping centre and restaurants !! Wonderful food in the restaurant and a brilliant breakfast all staff are extremely friendly and helpful especially Oliver in the restaurant and Donna on reception ! Amazing cocktails in the bar with a good atmosphere . Room wasn't ready on arrival but we did arrive at 8am they did everything they could to exceed expectations and we were able to check in long before the 3pm check in !! Thank you for a great stay !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

A very warm welcome awaits you on your next stay.

Derry City
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I am a hilton gold member and have stayed in numerous Hilton's , but this was our first visit to belfast hilton and probably our last. The first issue is the parking cost £18 for 24 hrs thereafter £2. Not acceptable at a 5* Secondly there are no bathrobes in the room or water, surely these should be provided in a 5* establishment. We went to the bar to have a drink when we arrived and once served decided to take them to our room as the smell of fish in the bar was really strong, coming from the kitchen. The tv was fuzzy, if you are not a gold member you have to pay for internet (terrible) the comment card in our room had already been completed by a previous guest and not collected!!!!!!! There was limited towels and breakfast was just ok. Overall not our usual 5* stay and would not stay again. On the plus side it was convenient to Tedfords Resturant , different review, but amazing place to eat.

3 Thank bptravellover
I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent return stay at the hotel, we always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations.

I have shared your review with the relevant department managers to investigate and I do hope you return to Hotel to see us at our best.