“Great location for a stay in Belfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
drogheda
“Great location for a stay in Belfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We stayed for a couple of nights in the Hilton Belfast for a birthday treat. It is only 2 minutes walk from Central Station, and overlooks the river. Taxis in Belfast are very cheap, so we used them a lot. However, it is only a 10 minute walk to the city centre for shopping, pubs and restaurants.
The room was spacious, clean and had everything you would expect....apart from no biscuits with the tea/coffee, which I have always found in Hiltons in Scotland.
My biggest disappointment was that the famous Hilton breakfast was lacking. There was no comparison with the breakfast in Edinburgh and Glasgow. The range of food available was limited, the food was dried out and there was no teaspoons or side plates in view. This may or may not be a deal breaker when considering future stays in Belfast.

Room Tip: Go for an executive room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Having arrived from Dublin we chose the Hilton Belfast for our three nights there. Very close to the main railway station (5' walking maximum). We had a corner room which was a benefet. Though on a low floor we had nice views at the river and the city. Two very good parts were: the concierges (old school) and the ladies in the executive lounge. We had dinner at the restaurant one night (nothing to write home about regarding food) and had breakfast there each morning (very good choices). Restaurant staff was good, during dinner and during breakfast.
The hotel is not far away from the city center. We walked each day. The Titanic Exhibition is very impressive (and a nice walk, too) and so was the Black Taxi Tour to the "communities" where the "troubles" went on.
We thought it was very impressing to visit Belfast, to see those sites that became infamous, unfortunately, and to learn about the stories behind them (Black Taxi Tour).
I would chose this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Zurich
Manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Arrived Friday evening great room first floor
Good bar atmosphere lively
Ate their for convenience again good service, fresh food
Drinks flowed

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank empsol
Lancaster, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

As a Hilton Honors member, I have high expectations of Hilton hotels and the Hilton Belfast did not disappoint. Booking and check-in were easy and we even received an upgrade. Rooms were spacious, well appointed and very comfortable. The concierge was helpful and arranged and instant taxi tour of the Belfast sectarian neighborhoods. We ate in the bar because the menu in the restaurant seemed a bit limited. We were quite comfortable in the bar and had a nice meal. Hotel is walking distance to the train station and an easy walk to the city center.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Ernjack1972
Orlando, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Hilton is quite convenient to everything in downtown Belfast. It's quite, situated on the River Lagan and overall a wonderful place to stay. The cooked to order breakfast is better than the buffet (and cheaper). All in all, a wonderful place from which to enjoy Belfast!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Durham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We were checked in by Debbie and Amanda who were polite and friendly and efficient with our party of six. The room was superb - spacious with lots of storage spaces, well equipped bathroom and a huge comfy bed. The breakfast was wholesome and had a wide choice of food, again the staff were friendly and helpful. I have to mention the concierge John who was very helpful with advice on where to go and how to get there, he was very informed about the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Belfast on 24th July for a work related trip. The hotel was booked and prepaid by my company but the man at check in still insisted son swiping my personal credit card. Firstly was only given one room although two rooms had been booked for myself and a colleague once that was sorted and got to my room I found that the door didn't lock and i had been given a twin room instead of a double as booked. when i contacted reception they asked did I want someone to fix the lock on the door??? Well yes I thought it was quite obvious that no one would want to stay in a hotel room that the door didn't lock. Eventually after waiting 20minutes on the repair man reception phoned back to say they would move me to a double room as booked this took another half hour. So from the time I booked in it was approximately 1hour before I could finally sit down to enjoy my night.
When I woke the next morning there was a bill under the door showing that the room had been charged to my credit card so upon checking out my colleague and myself informed reception again that the rooms had been prepaid so we where told that the charged would be refunded. To my surprise a few weeks later when my credit card bill arrived the charged from the Hilton had not been reversed. I contacted the hotel and after being transferred to six different people someone was finally willing to help me. The lady took my details and said she would pass it to the accounts team to refund the charge and that if there was any issues she would contact me but i never heard anything further from her. As so today 4th September the charge has still not been refunded to my credit card, I have contacted the hotel again and been told the same as last time that accounts will refund it. At no stage has anyone apologised for the fact that I have been charged for a stay that was prepaid in the first place nor did anyone apologise for the mix ups at the hotel. I now have to pay the money to the credit card company myself or I will face late charges while I wait on the Hilton to be bothered to refund me.
Very unsatisfactory service and uncooperative staff who do not seem willing to want to solve customer queries. This has put me off ever staying with the HIlton again and have informed the company I work for not to use the hotel again either.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business