“nice staff but not a 5star hotel”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Have to start off by saying probably the nicest staff I've encountered in a hotel. From the minute we stepped the hotel we were greeted by the lovely receptionist. Check in was delightful and although we were early the receptionist organised for me and my boyfriend to go on the black cab tour (which Id highly recommend). Dont get me wrong the hotel was clean and the room was lovely modern but if you were expecting the extra of luxury of a 5 star you might be disappointed. As we didn't pay the 5 star rate and got quite a good deal it makes me feel bad for saying this but simple things like no bathrobe, basic bathroom and little toiletries (only one towel per guest). Having said that the room was extremely clean, had a great big tv and was in a great location. The views on the 6th floor were lovely aswell.

Room Tip: Id recommend the higher the better as the hotel has some lovely views of beautiful Belfast.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Ciaran M, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your constructive feedback, and I shall certainly share your comments, both positive and negative with the relevant departments.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We booked this hotel well in advance. I am usually one to book hotels for less than 100.00 per night. I was aware there was wifi in the hotel however the FREE wifi was only in the lobby and only for 1hour per session. The hotel itself was clean and we had a pleasant stay. As a member of the Hilton Honors program free Wifi in the room would go a LONG way to make the stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara J

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. All guest feedback is much appreciated and I your points regarding our wi-fi has been taken on board.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 19, 2013

Not inexpensive but generally poor service. Well located, good rooms but the dinner and breakfast facilities and service were average. One person for taking payment and seating new diners was my experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest.

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with Hilton Belfast, we always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations.

I have shared your review with the relevant department managers to investigate and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Belfast in the not too distant future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my husband for our anniversary and to be honest l have stayed in much better 4 star hotels! Our room was nice but wasn't anything special. We were disappointed to find that the car park was not free and we had to pay £10 on our departure. We had a dinner in the hotel restaurant and we were quite disappointed. I ordered rack of lamb and there was barely any meat on it at all! Just not overly impressed. I have stayed in many 5 star hotels and it just wasn't u to scratch.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hilton Belfast and customer feedback is very important to us. Should you wish to discuss your feedback further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly - ciaran.mcmanus@hilton.com

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Regards,

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Bit of a mixed bag really, and I've stayed in better Hilton's. Yes the location is perfect, the view from our room was great, service was good & I really liked the bar area, but unfortunately the whole place smelt like fried food, the walls between the rooms were very thin & the use of the gym/pool were restricted throughout our stay.

Room Tip: Ask to overlook the River
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear guest,

I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your stay at the hotel, we always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations.

I have shared your review with the relevant department managers and apologise for the inconvenience experienced.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights and was impressed especially as I had a really cheap corporate rate and still got a big room. Comfy bed, big TV with lots of channels including some in HD as well as a good sized bathroom and nice and quiet for a good nights sleep.
Room didn't get made up for the second day which was a bit poor but I'll stay here gain happily.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tonyotter

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Belfast. I am very pleased to learn that you left with such a positive impression and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I was there for the World Police and Fire Games. Great staff....genuinely kind....staff. The best breakfast facilities I have experienced. I'm hungry just thinking about it. Great location, too. Within walking distance of everything in Belfast. Thank you. The beds are the most comfortable in memory.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Greg M
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the World Police and Fire Games and for your review of Hilton Belfast. It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience with us and is very encouraging to all of the team here.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,