“Always Good”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Stay here on business, always the same high standard of service, breakfasts are excellent, and ideally placed for Belfast City Centre. The bar has recently been refurbished and the food is very good.
The Lagan side of the hotel has nice views but sometimes you can be disturbed by the railway and the disc down the road from the hotel if you have a window open, but no other downsides.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of Hilton Belfast. It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience and who enjoyed our newly refurbished Cables Bar.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Hilton Belfast

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We Stayed at the Belfast Hilton for the Easter Weekend. Bar Staff were excellent and Food in restaurant very good. Great options for kids. The hotel is really central and a great option for getting everywhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Booked in after a 12 hour journey to get to Belfast because of the snow. The car park was closed (why?) and we had to park to the other car park and walk across in the blizzard. The power went off when we were getting ready to go out and were left in total blackness for about 15 minutes with just the hall lights on. The bed was probably the hardest I have ever slept in and had an uncomfortable night's sleep. The room looked very modern but has anyone ever tried to sleep on the hard wooden frame, just give me a sprung bed anytime and the bright green chair in the room was just the same, very difficult to get in and out of. At breakfast the dining room had a very bad leak pouring out of the ceiling, with buckets everywhere and all the breakfast things moved to a temporary table - not impressed! We went to get the car out of the garage in the morning only to find it locked and had to get someone out to unlock it to get our car out. Why can't they tell you this at the desk as we had to fight our way across in the snow and wind only to find we couldn't get in! The good thing about the hotel is the location - just over the road from the shopping centre and restaurants. Massive queue in the morning to check out. I have stayed here before but I think this will be my last visit to this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank PamC149

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. I would like to discuss your feedback further please contact me directly by emailing me damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Thank you for taking the time to review and look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed recently at the Hilton, ate our evening meal in the bar which was quite good value and tasty but service was a bit slow. Room nice - overlooking the River Lagan, bathroom a little tired , bed comfortable but the walls were so thin we were awakened by noise from people next room at 6.30 and they weren't talking loudly even. Lobby was freezing, glad I wasn't working in reception. Breakfast was tasty with good quality food but it was lukewarm and expensive, the lad that served us was disorganised and we had to keep asking him for coffee, cultery, condiments etc Parking very expensive Staff on reception were very nice

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from lift
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the lobby temperature and breakfast service, and I shall certainly share your comments with the relevant departments.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Regards,

Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here mainly for convenience as we were attending a concert in the Odyessy Arena-only 10 minutes walk away. The package we chose was for dinner,bed and breakfast. The meal we had was OUTSTANDING. Meat so succulent and well presented with fantastic service. The two waitresses we dealt with were very attentive and friendly without being overbearing. A perfect combination. Our room was pristine and the bed so comfortable. Breakfast the next day didn't disappoint either. A huge range well presented and tasty and again the service was just lovely. Thank you very much for a lovely stay. We'll be back!

• Stayed: March 2013

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you in order for you to have a great stay while in Belfast for a show.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure again soon, a warm welcome awaits...

Reviewed March 31, 2013

This hotel is nice enough. Nothing surprising. A good hotel choice if you're going to the Waterfront Hall for a show.
My visit was okay until an issue at the bar restaurant regarding my bill left a bad impression with me. It ended up being resolved by the kind gentleman at the front desk but it tipped the scales to the not so favorable side. If I were to return to Belfast I would look into other options.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hilton Belfast and customer feedback is very important to us. I have communicated your comments to our Food & Beverage Manager in order to investigate with the team. Should you wish to discuss your feedback further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly - damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Thank you for taking the time to review & I do hope you will consider staying with us again, I do believe a marked improvement will be noted.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

We are just back from a quick visit to Belfast where we stayed in the Hilton overnight. We had two rooms on the fifth floor.

Positives:
- our twin rooms were comfortable with good tvs which the kids appreciated, tea and coffee facilities, decent shower although over bath
- we got the train to Belfast and the Hilton is just around the corner so very convenient
- we spent one day shopping, again hotel very convenient for access to Victoria Square
- our package included breakfast which had a good variety of food and setting was pleasant overlooking River Lagan
- reception staff were very helpful in relation to directions, restaurants, minding bags,booking cab for trip to Titanic etc

Suggestion - hotel could provide complimentary bottle of water for each person in bedroom. Also, the other adult with me found the breakfast staff a little unfriendly/surly. I had been down earlier and didn't experience this.

Watch out for parking fees - 18 stg a day in car park next door

Also ask for a room away from elevators as I stayed there once before in first room on corridor beside elevator and it was noisy. Much better experience this time.

If travelling with kids, Hilton do an option on their website where second room for children can be booked half rate which worked out well for us. It's worth calling them and getting options but you need to mention this as it wasn't volunteered when I called main Hilton reservations. They were happy to do it once I brought it up.

Room Tip: Ask for room away from elevator
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the in-room water and breakfast service, and I shall certainly share your comments with the relevant departments.

Look forward to welcoming you back again soon, a warm welcome awaits...