“Here now...two days left”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Good - Check in early from overnight flight.
Good - Staff looked after luggage, not expecting anything
Good - has a North American 120v outlet
So/So - Staff are hit / miss ...some really nice some clearly hate their job
Sonoma Restaurant - Very nice room service supper
Room - ok, not up to Hilton Standards. Shower curtain ripped several spots, floor carpet odd smell and our infant has weird brown stains on his sleepers from crawling on floor. Bathroom sink plugged on check in. No microwave, bar fridge for hotel products only
Extras- everything is double price + exchange i.e. bottle of water in room 3.95 pounds - $6.00 USD. No pool, fitness center adequate.
Internet connection - 14.99 pounds per day
Towels - 2 !

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. I have contacted you this morning and hopefully a marked improvment will be noted.

Thank you for taking the time to review & I hope you enjoy the remainder of your stay.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Very nice rooms clean and neat, staff very friendly but not much atmosphere in dining or bar area. Would definitely stay again and would highly recommend this hotel. Its location is walking distance from the city center near shopping and night life.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your review of Hilton Belfast. It is very pleasing to read comments from guests who have had great experience with us and is very encouraging to all of the team here.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Kind regards,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the hilton belfast because they had a good deal on and its location is good. i expected more from the hilton. the lobby looked like it hadn't been cleaned in days. the room was a good size, however the bath had a lot of black hairs in it, we where two rooms away from the lift and up until about 1 am all we could hear was the lift going up and down!! it was very noisy and then again from 6am it started again so did not get a good sleep. I would not stay here again as there are a lot better hotel for the same price in the city centre. we got up and left the next morning and went and stayed at the holiday inn which in my opinion is a far better hotel.

Room Tip: ask for a took as far away from the lifts as they are very noisy
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emmajc89

I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hilton Belfast and customer feedback is very important to us. Should you wish to discuss your feedback further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly - damian.gilvary@hilton.com
Thank you for taking the time to review.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

great service perfect location for titanic quay and city centre. clean spacious room . staff were excellent. cocktails were great. what can i apart from a fantastic stay in the hilton belfast. ............................

• Stayed: February 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for Hilton Belfast. It is always a pleasure to have our guests share their experiences with rest of the world.
A very warm welcome awaits you on your next stay.
Kind regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

we stayed a couple of nights in this hotl while attending an event in the waterfront, we had a suite the view was amazing and the hotel had all the facilities you would expect from this standard of hotel. We also enjoyed the food in the restaurant which was of excellent standard and consistant and reasonably priced. will stay here again!!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you in order for you to have a memorable stay.
Hopefully we will have the pleasure again soon.
Kind Regards,

Reviewed February 24, 2013

Overall pleasant stay in the center of Belfast. Bed and pillows were very comfortable.

My two small complaints are that breakfast service starts at 7:00; for a business hotel this is surprising if you have early meetings or a flight to catch. As others have noticed, there is no internet included in the price of your room; when Starbucks is able to provide free internet to their patrons, there's simply no excuse for hotels not to do the same, especially at a business hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Hilton Belfast. I am pleased you had a great stay with us and appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the breakfast times and internet charges, and I shall certainly share your comments with the relevant departments.
Look forward to welcoming you back again soon,

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed @ this hotel Monday and Tuesday night this week.
Checked in - pleasant and smooth -
Room was clean - dry and QUIET.
Ordered a risotto on day two in the bar - was ULTRA sweet and not to my taste but I don't waste food - the staff did offer to get me anything else which is good training and I appreciate that indeed.
Drinks appear to be good - I don't drink but my office seemed to be happy.
Breakfast is good - I am not a meat eater in the morning so cannot say anything but it is well laid out -clean and tidy.
They charge a packet and seem to be well worth it too - pity they charge for internet access in the rooms - I wonder why, and with BT next door - surely you can get some wireless connection setup too?
I forgot my key there the day I checked out - called the hotel back and walked back to get this and had it in my hand back within 5 minutes - good stuff.
Going back this week for a week - shall write another review then
Would I recommend - yes - nice place - clean and dry - HEY - no sign of a trouser press ( or did I miss it?)
The mini bar in my room was locked for my stay there - guess they knew I don't drink and wanted to keep me away from the chocolate (if any - in the fridge! ).
Pillows are a bit stiff - but every person has a different neck !
Would I go again - I am going this week --- will keep posting..

Room Tip: Room 416 - this is where I was - but the view is of a parking lot - otherwise quiet !
2  Thank shripadsathe

Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Belfast. I am very pleased to learn that you left with such a positive impression and look forward to welcoming you back this week.

Regards