“Beautiful hotel in a scary setting, staff couldn't have been more friendly and the hotel was immaculate.”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Pontefract
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Beautiful river side setting, we were on the 5th floor executive suite. We had full access to the executive lounge with a free bar canapes and breakfast. The hotel was spotless and quite busy, the bar was always busy. I wouldn't go to Belfast again it was not a nice experience.
However I really cannot fault the Belfast Hilton.

Room Tip: The executive suite overlooking the river with two full glass walls was fantastic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (499)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Derry
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Just returned from a weekend stay in the Hilton. The staff are this hotel's greatest asset particularly Amanda at check-in; Conor the restaurant manager. All staff were very professional and helpful. The hotel was busy but service was prompt. The Cables bar was still closed for refurbishment so we had drinks in the restaurant area in the evening not ideal but fit for purpose. The breakfast is fantastic - lots of choice and the buffet is regularly added too, so the food is fresh and hot. My daughter really wanted a Muffin but they were all finished when we had eaten our cooked food - but nothing was too much trouble Conor had some more baked in the kitchen and 15 minutes later we had piping hot Blueberry Muffins straight from the oven!! Delicious and served with a smile!
The rooms are a little dated and like other reviewers I prefer a separate shower to one inside the bath but the rooms are clean and the bed very comfortable. The studio suites on the corner of the building are worth paying the little extra for as the views of Belfast are incredible.
The staff made this stay for us, everyone was local, everyone was happy and keen to help. They were also keen to promote Belfast and the HIlton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I was traveling with family in Scotland and Ireland last fall to do some genealogical research. I had booked us a room for the first night so that we would have a place to go after the flight from the US. After that, we had planned to stay at different local hotels. We hadn't booked anything in advance, preferring to leave ourselves open depending on what we found as we travelled.

Well, this hotel was quite modern and comfortable. Spacious renovated rooms. I have stayed at other Hiltons in Europe and found that most of them have small rooms and bathrooms than their typical American counterparts. This hotel was much nicer than most Hiltons I have stayed it. The rooms felt more like a Westin.

Needless to say, we decided to stay for 3 more days and made the hotel a base camp from which to explore Northern Ireland.

I would highly recommend this hotel if you are going to Belfast. The city has much to offer... Don't be afraid about stories of "the troubles" - instead, take a Belfast Taxi Tour. A driver will take you through some historic sites of Belfast's troubled recent history and explain it to you from a local perspective. It was enlightening and hopeful.

Great rooms, great bathroom, WONDERFUL breakfast buffet...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank roadwarriorla
Reviewed January 25, 2013

The breakfast is fantastic. The bright restaurant room has a fantastic view to the river. The building is massive and lacks the elegance and style younger hotels have often in this category. I have been there two times now. First time I arrived after midnight. During check in my gold status upgrade was "forgotten" even so I presented the membership card which I also used for the booking. Either i was to tired to explain myself correctly or the front desk manager was to tired to understand me. The second time I had to ask for another room because the cleaning was not accept able. Fortunately I was upgraded to a nice corner studio as an excuse, I appreciated that. The next time I tried to make a reservation I just received the answer "Sorry Sir, we are completely booked" I wrote another mail and asked if they was one room available, regardless if it is in the highest or in the lowest category. The answer was quite short: "sorry Sir we are completely booked".

So there was no third stay for me. But maybe I will go there again to check if they improved something.

Checking the other reviews I ask myself if there is something wrong with me or if the only other guest is an pr-agency that writes reviewes. And if so whydo they need the whole hotel so that I cannot make a reservation?

• Stayed May 2012
northern ireland
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stayed here nye reception staff professional and speedy checkin hilton honnors.our room was king and usual hilton style.only downside was the shower over the bath always prefer seperate. Everything was very clean fluffy towels etc.good heating system in hilton rooms as weather was freezing we needed it. We had meal in the restaurant which was very nice expensive but we have a discount card .cocktails in the bar were a let down plenty of alchol just no idea of decoration said to one of the barmen he took it away and he put 2 short black straws and small piece of lime on the rim!! unreal they would need some training !
Breakfast was the usual hilton feast plenty of choice and eggs cooked fresh any way you want .alot of young staff on and not alot of organization im all for giving local people jobs but the belfast slang should be toned down when the staff were talking loudly to each other. Hotel would just need to sort out the small things and not let standards slip or they will lose customers as there are plenty of hotels to choose from in belfast.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jensim7
Munich, Germany
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I've always enjoyed my stays here. I find Hilton hotels consistently reward "loyal guests" more than they need to; or even simply staying an entire week will often result in a free upgrade. On this occasion I was given a very large suite, which of course enhanced the stay.

Check-in was very pleasant and efficient, the room was wonderful, the (room service) food was excellent, breakfast is of a very high standard and in a lovely bright setting along the waterfront.

For me personally, the only let-down is the fitness centre and the lack of any pool or sauna - however there is wonderful jogging to be done from right outside the hotel. It isn't located right in the heart of Belfast, but town is within walking distance. It is though ideally located for both the Waterfront and Odyssey venues.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Rugby
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Hopeless restaurant staff who bring starters and main at the same time. Ovcerpriced wine £9 a glass (unless you want the dishwater that is the house wine)! Limited menu and nothing healthy on there

Gym - may as well not bother!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business