“Good but not perfect”

Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
United Kingdom
“Good but not perfect”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

Stayed hee for one night on a girly weekend with my mum. Lovely hotel, but we had a few maintence issues in the rooms - such as a light fixture had been ripped out of the headboard. Clearly the hotel has been renovated in the last few years, but maintenace could do with being managed.

Food for breakfast and dinner was lovely. We did have an issue checking out where reception staff were too busy dealing with other guests checking in to put our luggage in the luggage room leaving us late for our slot at the titanic museum. This was annoying especially as we had such good customer service during the rest of the trip.

I would return, but would look at other city centre hotels first!

Room Tip: Request a river view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
I am sorry to learn that you were disappointed with your recent return stay at the hotel, we always endeavour to offer the highest level of service and it would appear that on this occasion that we failed to meet your expectations.

I have shared your review with the relevant department managers to investigate your feedback regarding your Bedroom.

That being said, I am very happy to hear the breakfast and dinner itself you found pleasant. I thank you very much once again for your feedback, and I am delighted that we will have you with us again in the future.

Kind Regards,

Damian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (488)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Turkish first
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My first time in Belfast and certainly not my last. A lovely hotel, friendly staff and a magnificent corner room view overlooking the river and the city. Great room with a huge comfy bed and a good bathroom.

Well located for the waterfront development and Victoria Square shopping. The only drawbacks are the costs of the parking and the breakfast. Will definitely go back next time I'm in the city (but may not bring the car!!)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a top rated review for Hilton Belfast. It is always a pleasure to have our guests share their experiences with rest of the world.
A very warm welcome awaits you on your next stay.
Kind regards,
Norwich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Went to Belfast for the Titanic exhibition. Hotel is about 15 to 20 minutes walk away.
Good sized and usual facilities for this type of hotel.
Thought the breakfast was expensive.
Look out for good Internet deals.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the trouble to write a review following your recent stay with us at Hilton Belfast. I am very pleased to learn that you left with such a positive impression and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Regards

Galway, Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Stayed here Friday night for a night in the odyssey. Wouldn't return nor recommend especially if you've a car to park. Ended up getting locked in the car park. Did we receive an apology from the management, or a discounted rate-NO!! was in the car park at least 20 minutes, fire escape was locked, directed at the pay station to go down to management office on lower floor-no number to contact. When we arrived on the Friday there was no sign to say that the car park closed on Saturdays. Ruined the stay for both of us, and due to the delay in managing to get the car out we were late for our next appointment.
Staff on Friday night when checking in were less than helpful, better service in other lesser quality hotels which make no assumption about being better than a step up from hostel. Extremely disappointed with the staff levels of both car park-whose name I have an will be making a complaint and the helpfulness of hotel staff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. The adjacent car park does not belong to the hotel, I have however passed you comments on to the car park manager and I apologise for the incovenience caused.
Should you wish to discuss your feedback further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly - damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Regards,

Belfast, NI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed for one night and had a groupon for champagne breakfast which was amazing. Good quality Hilton with everything you'd expect from a top class hotel. Close to everything in the city. Good rates too. Better than mal maison and the extortionate merchant.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Olybeast
Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review for Hilton Belfast. It is always a pleasure to have our guests share their experiences with rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits.

Kind regards,

Carrickfergus, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2012

We needed a central hotel to enable us to attend an early morning appointment at Hospital as an Hhonors member I tend not to go past the Hilton group and am usually satisfied with the result and was not disappointed on this occasion either. Check in was simple and pleasant with an excellent internet deal of £100 B&B per couple. In room dining was good with quick service and not unduly expensive. Breakfast was excellent also. All in all a very good stay.

Room Tip: Car parking is expensive as the hotel deal only applies to one stay in the park, if you leave and co...
1 Thank David M
Thank you for your great review of our hotel. It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you.

Hopefully we will have the pleasure again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Northern Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed for 1 night attending a show in Odyssey. Expensive at £150 but I did book late. An additional £18 for parking didn't help. The small things make a good hotel. Examples - room service main menu stops at 11. Got back from show and called at 3 minutes to 11. After ringing out I called front desk to be abruptly told it stopped at 11. I explained I was calling since before 11 but got nothing. I was only looking a desert for my wife, was told nothing he can do, "his" chefs go home at 11 which would suggest last orders isn't actually 11. Ordered drinks instead and after a 30 minute wait I called back and cancelled and went to the bar to fetch them myself. Then I order breakfast in the room which arrived both late and totally wrong. 3 slices of brown toast was the continental. Comment card in the room but not a pen in sight. Holes in the sheet. I felt this hotel is built for stag or hen nights. Not exactly a luxury night away. Apart from the late night staff all other staff were very professional and friendly. I got an upgrade to top floor without asking, main benefit was view i think. I have stayed here about 6 times on business mainly. Needless to say I'll pay the extra or book earlier and stay somewhere better in future e.g Fitzwilliam

• Stayed October 2012
I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hilton Belfast and customer feedback is very important to us.

Thank you for taking the time to review.

Regards,