“Good for business travel”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #20 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here for a year on and off whilst travelling for work. It is my hotel of choice in Belfast for business. Friendly staff, decent rooms, close enough to the action of the city without being too noisy. They really looked after me throughout my stay.
Get an executive room if you can, they were excellent at upgrading my, as you would expect when staying there for as long as I did! The executive lounge is great, and a welcome relaxing space following a long day in the office. Rooms are available facing the city or the river; I preferred the city view rooms, but this is purely personal taste. There are impressive corner suites available - ask for an upgrade or push the boat out if you feel like treating yourself.
As a female who travels for work quite often, it is important to find hotels that are comfortable, safe and practical for business; the Hilton Belfast ticks all of these boxes. It isn't mind-blowing, but it is a decent hotel in a great city.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor - you can choose a city view or river view room. I would recommend the city vi...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of Hilton Belfast. It is always a pleasure to have our loyal guests share their experiences with the rest of the world.

A very warm welcome awaits you upon your return.

Kind Regards

Damian

Write a ReviewReviews (3,058)

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Stayed two nights to visit family and Titanic Museum. Didnt use car park as we flew over from UK. Clean well appointed room...so it should be given the rating! Friendly helpful staff. Had only one breakfast good choice but no wheaten bread...shame on you!! Well located but Belfast isnt a rambling city so everything to hand nearby. Short walk to shopping. pleasant walk to Museum and Odessey Centre. but then the weather for once helped. Good pub across the road next to the market. Ronnie Drews...friendly staff and good food at reasonable prices. Would stay again. Got a deal from Expedia with UK Car Park flight and tour bus.

1  Thank gudtripper12
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2012

Thank you for your fantastic feedback.
Our team are proud to read of your excellent stay at Hilton Belfast. We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Belfast for a full week. I booked and prepaid and got a really good rate which included breakfast. All in all, I had a very pleasant stay at the Hilton Belfast. The staff were friendly and very helpful, and the room very spacious and clean. The breakfast buffet was quite impressive and the service top-notch. I liked the location of the hotel as it was only a few minutes from the city centre and shopping.

My only complaint is the exorbitant fee the hotel charges for wifi. I refused to pay the 15 GBP so I resorted to use the lobby (where there is free wifi). I think the hotel should do away with this policy (or at least offer it for free to its HH members as does Starwood Hotels). That's my only gripe, but it is worth noting.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
DamianGilvary, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted that you experienced a warm welcome to the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Belfast very soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed August 12, 2012

My first terrible review on tripadvisor.. As Im from the republic of Ireland I will give you the average euro.

Lets start with the parking €28.70 per day. My stay was 5 nights Parking was a staggering €172.
When we asked at reception was there anywhere else we could go we were told we were better off where we were.. crazy! There is a park and ride service in Belfast I suggest you look this up or park at St Annes which works out €12,30 per day.
this is still a problem however I would suggest finding a hotel with parking inc and take the cost of parking into account of the room rate.

I love to use all the basic facilities usually free at a hotel. Broadband is a lovely round €90.00 for the week in your room! The joke here is that BT are situated right next the hotel.

A bottle of water- €5.00 need I say more?

Our first night was restless we could hear the tv in the room next too us and every door into the rooms have a lovely bang as they close. rooms were grubby and the attention to detail is not there the bathroom was not clean and grout yellow/black in tiles. Rooms start cleaning at 9am and this will wake you for sure if you were planning to rest. I asked to upgrade my room and pay the extra for the upgrade. We were told to our delight we would be upgraded free of charge. We were "upgraded" to a room the very same on the 7th floor (another guest room) with plenty of noise there also. The guest rooms were grubby stained carpets and stained chair... the mini bar surprisingly over priced and the dirty cups and glasses (in both rooms so not a once off) will not intice you eitherway.. some kind of sticky stuff on the ice bucket..

The hotel is like an airport... no atmosphere at all in the bar..

What really got me was a loud banging on our door the morning of departure at 7.40am!!!!! From a staff member to give us a RECIEPT!!

I dont know where the reviews are comming out of here on this?? Im even a hilton honours member... Worst one I have been in... Beware!

5  Thank House_Inspector

Thank you for choosing Hilton Belfast during your recent visit to the city. Furthermore I would like to thank you for taking the time to upload your comments.

I am disappointed to find that your recent stay was not to your satisfaction. I have catalogued your comments and forwarded to the appropriate Department Managers for review and resolution.

Some the charges that you felt were excessive are beyond the hotels control as the hotel must follow the Hilton Brand standards that are set throughout the estate. In regards to the car parking facilities adjacent to the hotel is owned and operated by JEP Parking Ltd, a separate entity, both rates charged and the operation are ultimately items beyond our control. The discounted rates negotiated for guests of the hotel are comparable to other City Centre parking facilities.

I hope to welcome you back to the Hilton Belfast in the not too distant future. If I could be of any assistance to you please do not hesitate to contact myself directly - damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights at the Hilton and found it a very nice Hotel. Breakfast was excellent, The Concerge was very helpful and lovely to deal with. Great location. The main downfall and reason I wont stay at this hotel is the £36 I was charged to park the car for 2 nights, what crazy prices if I had known this I would not have choosen this Hotel. I will most definately return to Belfast but wont be staying at The Hilton unless they do something about the parking rip off. I understand the car park is a seperate company to the hotel but no hotel should associate with this kind of a scam

1  Thank Ciara M

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I have passed your comments along to all department Managers so as to convey your thanks and our appreciation of their teams’ hard work as you had mentioned.

Sadly the car parking facilities adjacent to the hotel is owned and operated by JEP Parking Ltd, a separate entity, both rates charged and the operation are ultimately items beyond our control. The discounted rates negotiated for guests of the hotel are comparable to other City Centre parking facilities.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Booked corner suite, asked about upgrade to King suite and got that our second night all we had to do is leave our packed bags and they were in our new room when we returned. Rooms were very nice (but were suites) the king had a huge bath only thing missing was there was no bubble bath. Every night someone came to the door to check if everything was OK and did we need anything, only down point housekeeping was slightly lacking.
The executive lounge was very quite in the afternoon but it was nice to relax with a few drinks before heading out for the night the girls were were helpful.
Reception and concierge very friendly, concierge booked taxis and gave advice.
Although we only used restaurant for breakfast did feel once they showed you to your table they didn't bother, no plates were cleared away while we were there.
Would I say 5 star? for our experience yes, we had a great time, felt like a treat for us having the suite and enjoying the executive lounge but what I liked we were treated with respect but without the stuffiness of a 5 star.
Belfast is a great break always has been, every single taxi driver we had was chatty and made suggestions, think we might be back soon!

Room Tip: If you go for a king suite take some bubble bath, there's a TV in there so you could have a grea...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your great review of our hotel and pictures of our Executive Suite & Studio.
It looks like we've ticked all the boxes for you in order for you to have a memorable stay. Hopefully we will have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great location if a bit dead in terms of atmosphere - but the rooms are in clearly need of a bit of TLC. We had interconnecting 'suites', but both were looking a bit worse for wear. For example, the skirting boards were missing or loose in places. The bathrooms were also a bit tired. In addition, £3.95 for a bottle of water in the room is a complete rip-off. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Moreover, internet access was not working. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Breakfast was nice enough. However, the waitress pointed us to our table rather than taking us to it. NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Last time I was here there was haggis; none this time, not even black pud! NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Finally, £18.00 for overnight parking is a complete rip-off. NOT GOOD ENOUGH! Could do (a lot) better!

Room Tip: Not overlooking the railway line!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank FJMKM

Thank you for taking the time to upload your review.
I am disappointed that you have been left with such a poor impression of our hotel. Our aim is to create an outstanding experience at the Hilton Belfast and our guest feedback is very important to us. Should you wish to discuss your feedback further please don’t hesitate to contact me directly - damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Kindest Regards,