I don't have to describe the quality of our stay at the Hilton Belfast, it's up to their standard (On staff, food, service, room conditions, I agree with all other reviews). Let's talk about minor points that may disturb you as a future guest.
1. Internet is not available in the guest room. You will have to pay approx £15 for 24 hour. But it's freely available in the lobby area. So you see a lot of people with their gadgets in this area. If B&B, hostels and all other lower-star accommodations can provide free wi-fi, but Hilton can't. Their management has to seriously look at their policy / agreements. If you can't provide that access for free, at least providing a desktop or two for guests would be useful. Well we stayed for a short period of time, and days without the Internet for me were fine. But I know some of my friends can't live without but are not willing to pay that amount either. Be prepared for this. (We used 3G on our devices.)
2. Parking is £18 per day (next to the Hilton but I guess it is operated by another company). Yes, that much and it doesn't allow to get in and out. Once you move your car and you want back in, then you pay again. On this point, the hotel reception was not helpful because they didn't provide additional information on where else could be alternatives (I made a call prior to arrival). So top tip on parking, use Parkopedia. Thanks to TripAdvisor, we knew about this issue in advance. Parkopedia points me to the Eastside car park (BT5 4BG), some 12 minutes away on foot from the Hilton which we can park overnight and day for a much cheaper rate. At the time I went to Belfast (Jul 2012), the ticket machine was broken and there was no one at the station so we parked for free. We saved 18 pounds for a few nice cuppa tea and coffee at Titanic Belfast :).
All in all, we liked it a lot at the Hilton Belfast. We would stay here again if we have a chance to visit Belfast. Hopefully in the future, if the parking is not improving, the Internet access should. We stayed at the executive suite but didn't have a chance to try the lounge because our schedule was packed. May be next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hilton Belfast hotel is an iconic part of he Belfast skyline situated on the banks for the River Lagan in the heart of Belfast City. Next door to the Belfast Waterfront Hall, a few minutes walk to Belfast City Hall and Victoria Square. 5 Minute walk to the SSE (formerly Odyssey) Arena and 1 mile from Titanic Belfast. WiFi is available in all rooms and is free for Hhonors members that book direct(Charges may apply to other bookings). The hotel is 100% non smoking, Executive Floor, Executive Lounge, one Restaurant, one Bar, Fitness Centre/Health Club, Business Centre, Coffee shop, 198 Guest Rooms, Accessible Rooms, nine Meeting Rooms. Check in: 3:00PM, Check out: 12:00PM. Parking available next door - car park for £18.00 per day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Belfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Belfast Hotel Belfast
- Hilton International Belfast
- Belfast Hilton International
- Belfast Hilton Hotel