“Very Nice Business Hotel”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed here on May 18th, 2011. This is a VERY nice hotel and one I would definitely stay in again....Though clearly a business hotel, they were more than nice to my daughter and I while we were touring Ireland on Vacation.

• Stayed: May 2011
HiltonBelfast, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted that you experienced a warm welcome to the hotel while touring Ireland. I look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Belfast very soon.

Best Regards,

damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Reviewed May 27, 2011

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel 3 times, the first two times we stayed in the corner room and views over belfast and the river lagan were brilliant. Staff were very pleasant from arrival to departure and the restaurant was delicious and staff were very attentive. On our second stay there was no robes or slippers in our room and I stated this on the customer service email after departure and the manager emailed me back to apologize. On our next stay at the hotel we check in to find we had been upgraded to a state suite, now thats what I call customer service! We love the friendly and relaxed atmosphere of the bar also. The only criticism is the car park is very expensive and narrow if you have a big car, but then again it is a city centre hotel. This is a great base for going shopping, seeing a show or even an overnight stay before the airport, would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on tripadvisor. I am delighted that you experienced a warm welcome to the hotel and a marked improvement to your previous stay at Hilton Belfast. I hope this shows that we act on all our guests feedback to ensure we meet all our guests expectations.

I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you both back very soon, feel free to contact myself directly - damin.gilvary@hilton.com

Best Wishes,

Reviewed May 23, 2011

overall its good and close to city centre and river. gym is trun off, its so small like a home gym and no pool. rooms are good, air conditioning could be noisy in some rooms though. I have used this hotel for few weeks.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback of Hilton Belfast. I am disappointed to read that you feel our hotel lacks facilities. We offer more facilities than other hotels in the city. Our Executive Lounge is situated on the 11th Floor which I am more than happy to offer on a return stay to experience this as many of our guests often comment on the high level of service. Many of our guests also travel to our sister hotel, Hilton Templepatrick to experience the excellent leisure and golf facilities. I hope that you will be staying with us again soon and I welcome the opportunity to improve upon your experience. Please feel free to contact myself directly, damian.gilvary@hilton.com.

Regards,

Reviewed May 20, 2011

Just been back here for the 4th time now and yes it’s still good. Parking next door is a great help as you can walk straight into the hotel lobby from level 2 in the car park. It cost, on production of your hotel bill at the exit gate, from midday to 10-30 the following day, £18. If there’s an event on in the Waterfront hall then be careful as it might just be full up. We stayed in room 1214, a suite, which was both spacious and spotless. 3 separate rooms firstly you walk into a good sized sitting room /lounge area with a large 3 seater settee, a table and 4 chairs, mini bar, and good sized a flat screen TV.
Through the double door there’s a bedroom with a super king sized bed and all that you need in wardrobe space, trouser press, safe, etc etc.
Then off the bedroom is the massive bathroom with a bath you could put the whole rugby team in. Unfortunately it’s not a Jacuzzi. A good sized shower cubicle and twin wash basins and loo. Fresh towels were abundant and Crabtree and Evelyn accessories were provided.
We also had complimentary access to the Executive lounge on floor 11. Plenty of drinks from a well stocked bar served by a very friendly lady, whose name escapes me just now. But the nibbles were disappointing to say the least. Pieces of lukewarm bite size pizza squares all stuck and chicken wings. Surely a bag of crisps or nuts or even some sandwiches and vol au vents would have been nice. We have been in many Executive lounges and this, for lounge food, is at the bottom. The management should take a look at what other 5 star hotels are doing and not equal it, but better it. After all we paid a premium price to be there. Breakfast was excellent in every way and our special requests were delivered with a smile. We use Hilton Hotels a lot, Sorrento and Newcastle already booked, and yes we will be back here again to enjoy this great hotel. I would love to find the food offering in the ex lounge worthy of the clientele it attracts.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your forth visit to Hilton Belfast. It is always a pleasure to welcome our guests back to the hotel and pleased to read of your great comments regarding our Executive Suite.
May I also thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the food in our Executive Lounge. Please be advised that I am currently working with our head chef to change our offerings and I have taken your comments on board.
I hope that you will be staying with us again soon and I welcome the opportunity to improve upon your experience in the Executive Lounge. Please feel free to contact myself directly, damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed May 6, 2011

2nd visit in 12 months.
each occasion stayed 4 days.
Fabulous for city breaks and great shopping only 5 mins away.
Some re furbishment work being completed on arrival but in no way interfered with our visit due mainly to courteous staff and workmen.
look forward to next break which will not be 12 months this time.

Room Tip: Arrive with big smile ! ask upper floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonBelfast, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted that you experienced a warm welcome to the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Belfast very soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed May 4, 2011

We stayed on Sunday night to take advantage of the bank holiday weekend. We were in room 813 - a little tired looking compared to other rooms we have stayed in at this hotel, nevertheless - it was clean and comfortable and the view was amazing! The pillows were also not up to the usual standard in this room. However we had a few drinks in the Cable Bar and the service was excellent as was the price. I was able to use my NIPSA membership card and got 25% off food and drink!
This is a lovely hotel and very central to the city. We were able to watch some of the Marathon from our window on Monday before leaving the hotel. We will definately return.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful and our city centre location made getting around Belfast easy.

We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,

damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Reviewed May 2, 2011

You know what you're getting from a Hilton and if I was staying there for business it would have been fine. However, there were a series of annoying things. Firstly our toilet was broken, even after someone came to fix it. Secondly, after we came back from dinner we were told that we could not invite our 2 friends into the bar, even though we would be paying for the drinks. This was told to us in quite a rude way and was very irritating. There was no mention of this anywhere beforehand. On their website it even says 'enjoy a cocktail with friends!' Thirdly, the service at breakfast was certainly not 5* standard, although the breakfast itself was good.

Overall, you could do a lot worse, especially given the lack of good hotels in Belfast, but it should definitely be a 4* not 5

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank blondie669

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to read that you experienced a few issues during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies for this and for any inconvenience caused to you as a result. I have discussed each point you have highlighted with our Management team to address and resolve appropriately with their teams. I am please that you will consider staying with us again and I welcome the opportunity to improve upon your experience in the hotel. Please feel free to contact myself directly, damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Kindest Regards,