“made most welcomefrom arrival to departure”
Review of Hilton Belfast

Hilton Belfast
Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed May 6, 2011

2nd visit in 12 months.
each occasion stayed 4 days.
Fabulous for city breaks and great shopping only 5 mins away.
Some re furbishment work being completed on arrival but in no way interfered with our visit due mainly to courteous staff and workmen.
look forward to next break which will not be 12 months this time.

Room Tip: Arrive with big smile ! ask upper floor
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
HiltonBelfast, Front Office Manager at Hilton Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted that you experienced a warm welcome to the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Belfast very soon.

Best Regards

Damian

Write a ReviewReviews (3,055)

Reviewed May 4, 2011

We stayed on Sunday night to take advantage of the bank holiday weekend. We were in room 813 - a little tired looking compared to other rooms we have stayed in at this hotel, nevertheless - it was clean and comfortable and the view was amazing! The pillows were also not up to the usual standard in this room. However we had a few drinks in the Cable Bar and the service was excellent as was the price. I was able to use my NIPSA membership card and got 25% off food and drink!
This is a lovely hotel and very central to the city. We were able to watch some of the Marathon from our window on Monday before leaving the hotel. We will definately return.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you found our staff to be pleasant and helpful and our city centre location made getting around Belfast easy.

We hope that you will visit us again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed May 2, 2011

You know what you're getting from a Hilton and if I was staying there for business it would have been fine. However, there were a series of annoying things. Firstly our toilet was broken, even after someone came to fix it. Secondly, after we came back from dinner we were told that we could not invite our 2 friends into the bar, even though we would be paying for the drinks. This was told to us in quite a rude way and was very irritating. There was no mention of this anywhere beforehand. On their website it even says 'enjoy a cocktail with friends!' Thirdly, the service at breakfast was certainly not 5* standard, although the breakfast itself was good.

Overall, you could do a lot worse, especially given the lack of good hotels in Belfast, but it should definitely be a 4* not 5

1  Thank blondie669

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am disappointed to read that you experienced a few issues during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies for this and for any inconvenience caused to you as a result. I have discussed each point you have highlighted with our Management team to address and resolve appropriately with their teams. I am please that you will consider staying with us again and I welcome the opportunity to improve upon your experience in the hotel. Please feel free to contact myself directly, damian.gilvary@hilton.com

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed April 28, 2011

I was here for almost 3 weeks. Some cons: Bathtub didn't drain properly (although I did not mention it - my bad), I asked for use of mini-bar prior to stay (meds) and it took 3 requests for someone to come and empty it. I was taken aback when I used a glass and housekeeping put it back on the counter with a Hilton cap on it - there was still water in the glass! Huh? The bed was comfortable enough, but platform type with discernable springs (the bed looked fairly new, just weird sleeping in it - took me awhile to get used to it).
Pros - Martin, Tony, Ian, and John were wonderful. Although I requested a paper every morning, it was never delivered (or was getting swiped by a cheap guest!). Tony and Martin made sure that they had a copy saved for me each morning when I went to work. John was friendly and helpful; Ian was a delight. I would stay here again because of the wonderful people that I met here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the Lagan River
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your feedback after your three week stay at Hilton Belfast. I am disappointed to read that you experienced a few issues during your stay, please accept my sincere apologies for this and for any inconvenience caused to you as a result.
We operate a Colleague Recognition Programme within Hilton Belfast and I have passed Tony’s, Martin's, John's and Ian's names to our Human Resources Department on your behalf.
We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Warmest Regards,

Reviewed April 26, 2011

As a Diamond HHonors member I get the chance to stay in alot of Hilton's worldwide. The Hilton Belfast measures up with the very best of them. This is my second time to stay in the hotel. From the moment I checked in all the way through my two night stay I can do nothing but praise the attentive, hospitable and thoroughly professional staff that I had the good fortune to meet. Damian at the front desk is a pleasure to deal with, Charlie at concierge always has a smile and willing to help, while Donna in the Executive Lounge is overflowing with courtesy and attentiveness. My absolute favourite thing though about the hotel is the dining room. Apart from the excellent food and good value, the design is fabulous with an amazing view over the River Lagan and onto the H&W Dockyard. It has to be seen to be enjoyed but I love it. Likewise my room was a King studio suite overlooking the Lagan and with floor to ceiling windows, boy was it impressive yet I never heard a sound and slept soundly both nights. The hotel location is super, especially for those travelling by train. A three minute walk from Belfast Central over the footbridge into Lanyon Place and you are in the foyer. Taxis abound outside during the day but can always be booked in advance if necessary. With the Victoria Square shopping centre a 10minute walk away any shopping or last minute items can be easily picked up. I'm going to be back in Belfast in June and I have no doubt where I'll be staying. The only thing I'd personally love the hotel to have is a swimming pool and spa but I can live without it as everything else is of such a diamond standard.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your lovely feedback. It is always a pleasure to welcome our Hilton Hhonors guests back to the hotel. Charlie, Donna and Myself were personally touched to read your review and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Best Wishes

Reviewed April 26, 2011

I stayed here last week and have to say it was absolutely brilliant. We were greeted by a very friendly reception team which were sincerely friendly and so efficient that it made "checking in" a real pleasure and usually something I dont look forward to. The hotel was centrally located to all the shops, bars and retaurants and no matter how many questions we asked the staff they were always happy to help. We cant wait to go back here for another weekend as its hard to find somewhere as genuinely as good as this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I am delighted that you experienced a warm welcome to the hotel by my Front Office Team. I am pleased to read of your fantastic stay and look forward to welcoming you back to Hilton Belfast very soon.

Best Regards

Reviewed April 26, 2011

Air conditioning not working. Bath so narrow I barely fitted in & I'm a size 12!
Gym but no changing or shower facilities makes for wiffy lift partners! No spa or pool
would made a very satisfactory 4* but never a 5*
Glad I went on a reduced charge (lastminute.com) offer full rates would not have been value for money.

Room Tip: get it thro a reduced offer do not pay full tarif
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple

Should you be returning to Belfast, please contact myself directly in order to look after you to meet your expectations.

Kindest Regards,