“Couldn't fault it”

GreenLeadersSilver level
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
“Couldn't fault it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

A spotlessly clean, well maintained hotel in a great central location. Reception staff assisted with an early check-in and couldn't have been more helpful .Friendly and helpful staff at reception, in the bar and restaurant. An excellent nights sleep in a comfy bed. A perfect place to stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Ryan F, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Hi Miss Hart,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review about your recent stay with us in Belfast. It is always good to be able to pass on such good comments to our staff and all the feedback we get is invaluable to us.

I hope to be able to welcome you back to Jurys Inn in the future and if I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me on the e-mail address below.

Happy Christmas

Stephen McMullan
Deputy General Manager
stephen_mcmullan@jurysinns.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (323)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Magherafelt, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

They are only getting a one as it is in a good central location!

I don't know where to start with this review.
Price - over priced for the service.

Upon arrival I checked in and after booking bed and breakfast I was told breakfast wasn't included so I found my booking confirmation which stated breakfast was included. The girl was very nice about it and changed it without question, going down to breakfast the next morning and I was told we hadn't booked breakfast and had to pay. In the end it was all sorted. Poor communication amoung staff.

Cleanliness of the room wasn't up to scratch for the price. Thats all I'll say about that.

Night staff were incredibly ignorant. I couldn't believe it. Whether the man was in a bad mood or whatever, the was no need for the tone and attitude I received. if I hadn't of been out I would of packed my bags and left straight away. I could tell he wasnt a people person and for the price jurys are charging you would expect the staff to at least smile.

All in all a really bad experience and I will not be staying again. Jurys inn was recommended for me so I checked the reviews and thought great, thats the place for me and I couldn't have been more wrong. I was very disappointed. For the price they are charging per night I'd get two nights in a cheaper hotel with a service.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank millar123
Ryan F, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recent review about Jurys Inn Belfast.

I would like to apologise for the fact that you did not enjoy your recent stay with us. We strive to ensure that all of our guests receive friendly, efficient service in a clean and comfortable room and on this occasion it is clear that we have not met our usual high standards.

I was very disappointed to hear that you found your room to be of a poor standard. This is something we have worked on very hard and the cleanliness of our rooms is something that we pride ourselves on. I will follow this up with my housekeeping manager as a matter of urgency and if you could let me know which room you stayed in I would be very grateful.

A communication error like the one you encountered regarding breakfast is so easy to avoid and I will be making this clear to the reception team during our daily meeting today. I am sorry for the obvious distress this may have caused when you went to the restaurant.

Lastly, I would like to apologise for the poor customer service you received from a member of our nights team. This is unacceptable and is something that we are certainly not known for. I will personally meet with the team to reiterate the high levels of friendliness, helpfulness and courtesy that each of our guests should receive while in Jurys Inn Belfast.

I do hope that you may consider contacting me personally on the e-mail address below so as we may discuss in more detail and that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Belfast, as I am confident that you will see a marked improvement.

Once again thank you for taking the time to post the review as all feedback is invaluable to us.

Kind Regards,

Stephen McMullan
Deputy General Manager
stephen_mcmullan@jurysinns.com
carndonagh donegal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

5 of us stayed over on a Friday night en route to the titanic experience , the hotel is in a great location but the best thing for me was the helpfulness of the night porters , we arrived late in to a packed bar and the night porters got us a table and brought in chairs to us , service above and beyond which did not go unnoticed ,we will be back.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bowie, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

We were with a tour company so I can’t vouch for price but the bed was comfortable and the fact that our room faced the street wasn’t an issue. We only stayed the one night but it was comfortable, clean with good water pressure. The only problem we had ( and I travel a lot) was the flushing of the toilet, seemed like you had to have a knack for getting it just right, my mother and I both failed in this regard and called housekeeping because we thought the toilet was broken, they sent someone up right away, this gentleman was so very nice and told us in such a nice and respectful way that we just didn’t know how to flush a toilet. LOL

He stayed and we chatted about politics, his job, his country, and what it was like living in Belfast. It was a very pleasant chat and we felt bad about pulling him from his family that late at night. We did get the hang of it, you can’t hold it down too long or too short or it just won’t work. LOL

The staff and accommodations offered were very nice and it was close to sites, food and a bank to change money...FYI...Belfast uses Pounds, something I wish I knew ahead of time so I wouldn't have had to pay a fee at the bank. Regardless, I was very pleased as the room was big enough for the two of us and our luggage, and I loved our view. I would stay here again without a doubt.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Jefferson, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of nights on a trip to Belfast from Dublin. In Dublin I had stayed at the Jurys Inn on Parnell St. and felt that they were price competitive enough and made a reservation through the Dublin property.

It's plain that the Jurys Inn chain has found a niche for tourist and business traveler alike, and that is to furnish a very good, clean, comfortable room in a good location at a competitive price. The food is good but not great. Rooms have Wi-Fi (at no charge, unlike Dublin, when was there), and the local bus transportation in just outside the front door. Since I had taken a long distance bus from Dublin, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the hotel is just around the corner from the bus depot. No taxi needed!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights on 28th november to 30th november i was going to a concert at the odyssy on the friday. I asked for late check in as my flight was not due in till 9.15pm. From the moment i checked in the staff could not of been more helpful. The room was very nice had a double bed as well as single bed in. Bathroom was nice as well. The only issue i had which was not even a huge one was my room 221 was on the road side so it was a bit noisy but it didnt affect my stay very much. The bar did very nice food at fairly resonable prices and the service was good. You have to pay for the wifi but its not overly expensive 10 pounds for 2 devices for 24 hours. The breakfast was great a huge chioce. The hotel is about 5-10 mins walk to city centre and 20 mins walk to the odessy arena i would advise to get a taxi but all in all really good hotel and staff and value for money.

Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

Central hotel great for a city break as ost places were walkable. Breakfast was good buffet style with a varied selection.
Our room was on the 1st floor overlooking the main road although didn't really notice any noise.
Just across the road are a few traditional pubs which we really enjoyed all with different qualities especially when a 2 minute walk gets you back to the hotel.
Although we didn't order any food (apart from breakfast) what we did see was fine & reasonably priced.
Will return on our next visit to Belfast.

Room Tip: Liked the road view to people watch