“ok hotel”

Jurys Inn Belfast
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 3, 2013

spent one night in this hotel and wouldnt be in any great rush to go back .Its ok .I found the rooms a bit poky and the lighting was pure travelodge, cold and horrible .The bedrooms could do with a revamp totally and the bathrooms are very poor ,fine for a business stay but wouldnt be keen to take the wife there again,not worth the growl factor
Staff were ok though but parking is a bit of a bind being a bit of a trek away ,a pain when you have bags .Its location is perfect but the europa next door looks better

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Ryan F, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

5th October 2013

Dear TripAdvisor,

Thank you for your review. I am very sorry that you did not fully enjoy your recent stay with us in Belfast. I would really appreciate if you could contact me directly as I would like to apologise personally for the issues you have encountered and also find out which bedroom you stayed in. In the meantime I will get my maintenance team to investigate the lighting issue as it is not a particular problem with the bedrooms here.

Apologises again and I really do hope that you contact me personally on the below contact details as your comments are invaluable to me.

Kind Regards,

Stephen McMullan
Deputy General Manager
stephen_mcmullan@jurysinns.com

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed here for one night and we have to say it was very comfortable and very clean. It is situated in a great part of the city close to the shops. We had a room with a large double and single bed. The staff were very friendly and welcoming. I cannot fault this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Brid B
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here while traveling through Belfast and like most Jury's properties, this hotel has an excellent location being adjacent to the railway station and the bus stations for airport departures. Apart from the bad food experience that we had at the bar, it was a good stay and the staff was quite helpful. At the bar, we ordered among other things fish and chips. The fish that we were served was just awful so the bartender offered to get us a fresh order. The replacement fish and chips were no better. Eventually we paid up and left. At check-out when I informed the staff, he gave me the F&B manager's email. From my side, I just wanted to give some feedback so I dropped an email to the manager who replied promptly and offered a meal at our next check-in: that was a very good gesture.

Room Tip: My room was on a higher floor and had a nice view towards the front of the hotel...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Traveller_Arun_Singh
Ryan F, Deputy General Manager at Jurys Inn Belfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

30 September 2013

Dear Mr Singh,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Jurys Inn Belfast.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the poor standard of the food that you had in our Bar, and for the fact that when you made us aware of the problem we were unable to resolve at the first opportunity. I have discussed this with our Food and Beverage team who are now refocused on the very high standards that we expect for all our guests.

I do hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back to Belfast, as I am confident that you will see a marked improvement, and once again thank you for taking the time to post the review.
We do have some fantastic views of the city from our bedrooms on the higher floors - I will make sure you get the best view possible on you next visit.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind Regards,
Stephen McMullan
Deputy General Manager
stephen_mcmullan@jurysinns.com

Reviewed September 26, 2013

The hotel couldn't be better placed in the centre of Belfast - a 1min walk to train & bus stations. City Sightseeing buses park a short distance away.

The hotel is modern, bright and staff are very friendly and helpful. There is free wifi and complimentary tea and coffee.

Pleasant bar area and excellent cooked breakfast.

I have only given it 3 because the downside is: -
1) As expected in a city centre location, there is a lot of traffic noise but worse still are the slam type bedroom doors which regularly disturb one's sleep as guests come and go.
2) The bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have ever slept in and I had back pain for days afterwards.

Perhaps I was just unfortunate - pity as everything else was very good.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Garricke_12
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed in superior room, very spacious, clean, kettle, tea, coffee, biscuits, bottled water provided, shampoo & liquid soap provided, full selection of digital channels. Complimentary newspaper of choice provided & 24 hours free WiFi. sofa and very comfortable double bed. Very convenient to grand opera house, bus/train station & city centre. Over all a great stay!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank 86Harris86
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on an earlier visit and couldn't see why we wouldn't stay here again. The location is perfect if you're taking the bus between Dublin and Belfast. The opera house is right around the corner and the famous Crown pub is just a bit further. City hall is close by in the other direction with shopping and dining all around.

The staff is very helpful and friendly. Marion Thompson was very helpful at reception. We experienced one problem which was resolved immediately.

The breakfast is more than enough to begin the day and our first night dinner was very good despite the fact that a large group was also being accommodated.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kit N
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The staff here is very friendly and helpful, and the location is very convenient. You can walk to many places easily from this hotel. The hop-on / hop-off tour bus dropped us off very close to the hotel as well. The rooms were clean and comfortable and the wi-fi internet worked pretty well for me. You do have to get the new code from the front desk every 24 hours, but I'm sure that's one of the reasons the internet works pretty well since changing the code daily prevents people from attempting to connect and bogging it down due to having too many devices trying to hook into it. The breakfast in the morning had a very nice selection of foods and the seating area was always clean and it never seemed crowded to me.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family