“Pleasant staff - shame about the hotel!”
Review of Jurys Inn Belfast

Jurys Inn Belfast
Ranked #14 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The staff were very helpful and courteous. However, the hotel itself had a run down look. Our room was really cold - you had to be in bed in a jumper to feel warm! Breakfast was pretty revolting and I avoided it on the second morning. There was no room service. It also appeared to be hotel policy to tidy but not fully clean the rooms if you were staying more than one night. So no clean glasses, no clean towels. We had a bottle of wine from the hotel bar and the empty bottle was just left there. All in all - not even worthy of a budget hotel and certainly not deserving of its 3 star rating.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Beth K
Write a ReviewReviews (3,111)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed at Jurys in Belfast several months ago. We were in an upper-floor room with a window that looked out over a courtyard. Early the first morning, casks of beer were delivered, with the delivery man dropping metal barrels onto the cobblestones of the courtyard one by one by one ... dozens of them. CRASH rumble rumble rumble .. CRASH rumble rumble ... On vacation, we like to sleep later than 7 a.m. We complained to the desk and were told that the beer was delivered only every couple of days and it wouldn't happen again during our stay. The next day at the SAME time there was another delivery, not of beer, but of food ... no crash, but the metal trolleys were rolled back and forth across the cobblestones, making loud noises again.
It was totally unnecessary! Why unload in an open courtyard bordered by the guest rooms?
ALSO -- we parked on the side street right next to the hotel and planned to leave the car there overnight. The signs seemed to indicate that it would be OK, but just to be sure, we asked at the front desk and were told, "Oh no! You can't park your car there!" Before moving the car, we took a taxi to meet some friends and asked the cab driver about it. He said of course we could park there. So we did, and the car was fine until he morning.
After returning home, we received an email survey asking about our stay. I told them about being awakened by the crashing twice, and about being told that we could not park on the street when we could (and did). I received an email saying that they could not control deliveries, and they were sorry that we had received a parking ticket. So, way to fail reading comprehension too. Next time, we plan to stay at the Europa!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that is on the street rather than the interior courtyard
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anne N
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I frequently stay at Jury's Belfast due to work. To be honest, in terms of staff friendliness and professionalism I couldn't fault the hotel at all. Whenever I needed something the staff went out of their way to assist and that is a very good quality. However, I strongly believe there is some room for improvement for their room decor and bathroom facilities.

Bedroom -

Bedroom in general is always good - fairly ok size if you compare it with the competition for this price range. They listened to previous feedbacks and put in new digital LCD tvs so that's a plus too. Beds themselves are comfortable too. I tell you what bothers me a lot - Jury's Inn have recently jumped onto "save the environment and go green" saga so the lighting in the room is always weird - The low voltage bulbs in every light mean you will never get a nicely bright room unless all the lights are lit up or of course when it's sunny outside... and for Belfast that is a rare happening anyway.

I would also agree with a lot of other people who commented on the noise through the doors and windows. There is a lot of it and it is constant - I tend to sleep in noisy environments so it's not a problem for me but for some it could be really frustrating.

Bathrooms -

Although everything is kept clean and tidy they could do with some modernisation i.e., old school bath tubs in a hotel bathroom with a shower curtain??? Common this is 2013 and shower cubicles aren't expensive!!!

Hotel Lobby and Coffee area -

I can see there has been a lot of effort being put in by the management to give the hotel an up to date look and they have got most of the things right in my opinion. Remaining niggling items - I hope - will go away too. Every upcoming hotel goes through these issues and as long as management listens to positive criticism they are on the right track.

Introduction of Costa coffee on ground floor is a good thing and it's a nice sitting place in the evening with friends or colleagues. Atmosphere is almost always very nice and staff is again always very friendly.

Oh yes - breakfast is good :) Coffee is a hit and miss though, depending on which day of the week you get it.

Internet speed -

It's not the super broadband that you would get at home but it's fairly decent. I've just that very internet to write this "essay" so can't complain !

Room Tip: Rooms nearer the school side are nicer - but the corridors on the other side are quieter :)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The jury's inn is ideally located in the city centre, close to the bus stops to explore the city. Hotel staff were very friendly and the rooms were reasonably priced and clean and warm. Would definately recommend and would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent stay with friendly staff and a very central location. Breakfast was plentiful and a great value priced room. Have stayed many times before and would definitely stay again! Nothing was too much trouble for the very welcoming staff.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just to say my sister and I had a great wee stay here last night. Lauren on reception was wonderful. The wrong night had been booked on my confirmation email and Lauren sorted it all out for us. When we got to the room I have to admit I wasn't completely satisfied with it. Twin room which had 1 double & 1 sofa bed made up. The double bed was fine but the other was like lying on paper. You cld feel everything through it. So down I went to reception to see if they could even at least put another mattress on top. I was fortunate enough to get the hotels assistant manager (I think she was called lynn) where no mattress was to be had. Instead of just leaving it she gave us a free upgrade. 2 great beds & a gd nites sleep had by both. I know it's not a 5star hotel but the treatment we received was by far 5star.
And the breakfast was just as good. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 19, 2013

My friend and me got a pretty good deal here for a weekend away last year, and it was awesome! The staff were really friendly, the room was moder, spacious and clean, the bathroom was lovely. It actually felt upper-class and we couldn't believe what we got for the price we paid. Pleasantly surprised! It's in such a brilliant loaction too, perfect for travelling as the bus and train station is a 2 minute walk away. Will be back here!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends