“good food”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 7, 2012

we have eaten on quite afew occassions in this restaurant and we have always been very pleased with the food which is served its always hot and very well presented ,staff are very pleasant and attentive i would recommend it very much.Thanks to you all.

2  Thank yellowpansy186470

Reviewed October 6, 2012

Great traditional fry, lots of piping hot tea, set you up for the day. Highly recommended good plain food.

1  Thank Michellemcork
artychef, Owner at Caife Feirste, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review we are delighted you enjoyed our breakfast however we are not sure if you saw our main menu as we don't just do breakfast foods we have an extensive menu consisting of gourmet salads, marinated chicken with sun dried tomato mayonnaise, fusion king prawn, char grilled hamburgers, salt n chill crispy pork, gourmet filled focaccia's, homemade soups & many more specials so we hope to see you again but not just for our breakfast.
Many thanks again for your review.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Was home to Belfast for a visit recently, heard rave reviews about Caife Feirste, so thought we would try it. 4 of us went for breakfast. Was terrible. We all ordered the "fry", everythig on the plate tasted the same. Mushrooms were so salty could'nt eat them. Service was none existent. One staff member had a conversation in "irish" with a customer that lasted well over 30 min, in that time other customers waited to be served. Atmosphere is that of a cafeteria....Not appealing at all!

1  Thank besseinu
Reviewed September 22, 2012

If you were to ask me, "If you could eat anywhere in ALL of Ireland, where would you go?" Without hesitation I would answer, "TheCultúrlann!" Luckily, I live right out side of Belfast so I am able to frequent this restaurant often. I've tried most of the sandwich and salads...all AMAZING. Their Caesar Salad is just divine! The service is lovely...everyone I've met there (servers, the cook, the owner) have been so welcoming and made sure everything was just right! The atmosphere is great, and its not difficult to find a parking spot. The best part about it is that the Irish language is spoken freely here! I am currently taking Irish classes, so its always nice to practice my Irish over a delicious meal (don't worry....everyone speaks English as well!). The restaurant is definite must if you find yourself in Belfast!

Thank you very much for your kind review we strive to serve only the best and we are delighted that you have enjoyed your experience at our restaurant. Hope to see you again soon.
Many thanks again
Caife Feirste

Reviewed September 7, 2012

The food is amazing - the pie today was delicious and I like the touch of water in chilled bottles for free.

But the service was very sloppy. Ok, it was lunchtime but when a waiting person saw us standing at the entrance, we were not offered a table, nor offered a menu or the specials of the day (had to ask for the last two). Paying at the end was like trying to solve the Da Vinci Code, we were asked for a table number when no table numbers were displayed on ANY tables.

There were 3/4 people serving for about 20 tables and the place was only half full, so it should be MUCH better than this.

My companion (who paid the bill) left a generous tip of over 20% but I wouldn't have been so giving.

1  Thank irishwanderer08