“Both vegan and non-vegetarian meals are excellent”
Review of Archana

Archana
Ranked #90 of 1,073 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Both vegan and non-vegetarian meals are excellent”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

It is difficult to find a restaurant that my daughter (a vegan) and I (very definitely not a vegan) can enjoy. This is one. My food was excellent, with good sized portions. She loved her's. We have been there a few times; and will go there many more.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank John G

• Polish first
“Disappointing - staff very unhelpful”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Visited the Archana based on good reviews on Tripadvisor. However not sure that we would rush back. My husband ordered an 'authentic Balti' which was full of sweetcorn kernels (definitely sweetcorn) so not sure about the authenticity of that recipe. I ordered a thali which was very tasty with the exception of the saag aloo which was cold. When I mentioned this to the waiter (twice) he replied that was because the saag aloo had been served up first by the chef into the stainless steel platter and the dish made it cool quickly. Although I made it quite clear that wasn't acceptable no offer to bring a hot serving or to adjust the bill was made. Given that the restaurant would be above average in terms of price I was surprised and disappointed at this reaction from the staff.

5 Thank Nadelaide8
Belfast, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Easy way to enjoy a meal fantastic.great idea to serve it in a Balti type dish.Staff can help with any choice of food & the local piece at the bottom of the menu is also good to try.

1 Thank Sandeigoboy
N.Ireland
“Absolute all round Excellent, staff, food & price.”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I only though I had a good Curry until I came across Archana in Jan 2014 & have been back a few times family & friends now use Archana very often also 10/10 can't wait till I go again.

2 Thank BIGMONTY
Winnipeg, Canada
“An amazing little gem”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The restaurant from the street is unassuming, once inside it is very quaint ambiance seating about 25 people. Tables are close enough to strike up a conversation with another patron, but spaced enough to have a quiet private conversation. Smells are heavenly from the moment you are greeted by a very smiling waiter, who goes by Tony but his real name is Mansoor. He is a wealth of information and will guide the most novice of patrons to a truly enjoyable experience. The food was out of this world. All levels of spice are available.....I choose hot on my second trip. This place was so good, that we spent two out of our three precious nights in Belfast with Tony and his crew. Even the owner, as busy as he was, chatted about the history of the restaurant and his loyal followers. You will not be disappointed with the portions or the flavours. Truly a memorable dining experience.....wish I could take them home to Canada! Thank you Mansoor!!

1 Thank foursouls