“Top meal”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Really enjoyed my meal here. Service was good, people were friendly. The atmosphere was a little dead for the weekend but can't fault the meal.

1  Thank dave j

Reviewed November 1, 2013

Went for my son's birthday. We booked in advance just to be sure because this restaurant is busy even on week nights. Our waiter was a delight - just the perfect balance, extremely friendly and effortlessly proficient at his job. The food was delightful and our waiter informed us if there were any variations we would like in the 'heat' of something we wanted to try for the first time that the chefs would gladly oblige. I loved how the balti pans were brought to the table in quirky woven baskets. The atmosphere has a friendly yet intimate buzz. I really enjoyed it and cant wait to my next visit! Thank you for a lovely relaxed, enjoyable evening!

1  Thank AuntieP
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Absolutely wonderful restaurant, especially if you're vegetarian/vegan. The vegetarian section of the menu is extensive, and vegan/vegan-friendly options are specifically noted. Staff are very accommodating about food allergies as well.

The food is delicious, the portions are generous, the ambiance is fantastic, the staff are personable. Eat here any chance you get.

If you're thinking of eating after about 7:30pm on a Friday/Saturday, I'd recommend making a reservation. It's a popular place, and with good reason!

1  Thank R C
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Have eaten in this restaurant many times over the past 20 years, even when originally located in Amelia street I have always been impressed with the quaity of the food. On this occasion however, we were very disappointed. Papadams were dry and tasteless: The Starter poor and mains very greasy. The main was paticularly disappointing as the actual taste of the sauce was excellent. However, the overall greasiness ruined the meal. I told the waiter of my concerns about the meal and was assured that this was not the norm. The manager met us as we paid the bill and we were asked for email address and assured that we would be sent a voucher for a 25% reductiion to ensure we would visit again and experience an excellent meal again.... still waiting as No such voucher has been received. We will not be back.

1  Thank BJAML
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I were craving Indian and confused about the best place to go. We selected this place because it was close to our hotel AND COULDN'T BE MORE PLEASED. Great service and loved the intimate atmosphere. The balti and thali were so good - the curries were great with very distinct flavors. But my personal favorites were the 2 veg selections with dal and chickpeas. Great value.