“Expect the Unexpected”

Experience Belfast
Ranked #25 of 118 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience Belfast provides you with the best overview of Belfast you will find. Originally a walking tour which could best be described as street theatre, it's a theatrical experience available as a Day Tour, Walking Tour or Coach Tour. We provide brilliant tours for individuals and groups and we also arrange workshops with writers, politicians and journalists. We consistently receive excellent reviews on Trip Advisor for a reason, this is one of the best tours you'll ever do. If you want something that's informed, intelligent, good fun and craic, we're right up your street.
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

In three trips to Ireland and the North, this was my first trip to Belfast and Arthur's tour have me reason to regret not having visited sooner. The tour has an eye to the region's troubled past, but sets your feet walking firmly into a hopeful future for this scrappy town. Learned and saw things I couldn't possibly on my own, and bonus: an expert on the punk scene in Northern Ireland, Arthur is a talented musician in his own right, and if you're lucky you'll experience this first hand. Highly, highly recommended!

1  Thank Anne C

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Arthur is phenomenal as a tour planner, tour guide, philosopher, historian, and entertainer. Having arranged a custom tour of Belfast through Experience Belfast for our group of 9 from St. Louis, Missouri, his was absolutely the best and most enjoyable tour during our 15 day visit to Ireland and Northern Ireland. Educational and inciteful commentary on the history of Belfast and the Troubles, interpsersed with interesting stories, personal experiences, and occassional self-composed singalongs accompanied by his own guitar and touring guests made this a truly memorable day. For an example of Arthur's musical talents, refer to http://youtu.be/dEhESSPkOKw

1  Thank JimO815
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I took the Hidden Belfast Walk Tour with Nathan and have to say it was brilliant from start to finish! Having lived in Belfast for nearly 10 years I never noticed the small, insignificant things that I frequently walk past everyday until they were pointed out to me. Fascinating to see some of the murals in Castle Arcade of where the old castle of Belfast once stood before it was burnt down. And who knew the significance of the entries as a means of transporting goods from the Farset river to Ann Street more conveniently?

For history buffs or people just looking to get off the well troden Belfast tourist trail of west Belfast murals, bus tours and the never-ending Titanic trail, this is a must. Nice alternative to walk through the city and see it up close rather than out of the window of a bus!

The guide Nathan was very knowledgeable and very friendly. Excellent value for money and we even got cuppa tea at the end! It's the Belfast way I suppose!

1  Thank Michael L
Reviewed July 16, 2013

To start with, I originally booked a walking tour with Arthur several weeks ago. I was so impressed with his prompt correspondence, frankness and humor that I contacted him again to see if he could help me with a current dilemma.
You see my family was coming to Belfast to research our ancestors and I'd had nothing but bad luck obtaining a genealogist who would ever email me back, or do the research I requested. I had to cancel the man I originally booked months previously and was scrambling to find someone to; 1)help with ancestry research, 2)drive us to our ancestral homeland and 3)pick us up from Dublin. No small task to say the least.

This was a family reunion of sorts, my mother didn't know that my brother was going to be in Belfast to meet us. Arthur found out that my father had passed away recently and came to the rescue!
Arthur does this work because he loves people and has faith in the human spirit. He even wrote a song for my mom and sang it to her regarding our recent loss during our tour of Belfast. He tried his best to engage my shy 12 year old and spent lots of time talking about music with her.

Arthur booked a driving tour up the Antrim Coast where we found the graves of my ancestors from the late 1700's with Raymond O'Regan who wrote 'Hidden Belfast', and found a lovely and charming genealogist by the name of Bob Murray who meet me at the PRONI and together we researched my family.
Can't begin to tell you how amazing it was that Arthur was able to pull this together so fast for us!

His humor and passion for what he does is evident. I wish him all the success in the world, he truly deserves it!

2  Thank Cindiana49
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My sister booked a walking tour with Arthur and it was filled with thought provoking information and gave us back ground information which we would not have found without his knowledge, I should mention The Undertones. What really needs to be written about is how much Arthur is passionate about what he does. He cares about Belfast and he sees real hope for the future. Too many of us have the wrong ideas about Belfast. Arthur took the time to provide a philosophical approach, unbiased and did I mention The Undertones? Beyond the walking tour, Arthur went out of his was to pick up my mother, sister, and niece from Dublin and drive them to Belfast, arrange a day tour outside of Belfast and take us back to Dublin. Of course along the way entertain us with some insights ranging from football to history. Arthur this is truly your calling. It was not only the streets of Belfast that we will remember but the one character that rose above the rest. All the best.

2  Thank Challenger01