“An unforgettable experience”

Experience Belfast
Ranked #25 of 116 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience Belfast provides you with the best overview of Belfast you will find. Originally a walking tour which could best be described as street theatre, it's a theatrical experience available as a Day Tour, Walking Tour or Coach Tour. We provide brilliant tours for individuals and groups and we also arrange workshops with writers, politicians and journalists. We consistently receive excellent reviews on Trip Advisor for a reason, this is one of the best tours you'll ever do. If you want something that's informed, intelligent, good fun and craic, we're right up your street.
Reviewed July 9, 2012

It's all true. Arthur Magee's tour is one-in-a-million. He is not only well versed on the history/politics of Belfast, and Ireland/Northern Ireland, but is a really interesting guy to boot!! We were able to coax him into a full day tour which included a drive in his beloved Toyota Corolla to all of the sights and sites (including quizzing a Minister at Stormont), a fabulous lunch, and then a walking tour of the centre of Belfast, including City Hall. We have fond memories of our day with Arthur, and some music to remind us of our time in Belfast. An amazing place.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Arthur's walking tour was all of the above. it's great to be told about the history, how life was during The Troubles, and other stories of the city of Belfast from a local. particularly one as knowledgeable and humourous as Arthur. you'll definitely learn more about Belfast than just the usual tourist info that the usual run-of-the-mill tours will tell you.
if you happen to have a specific interest, he'll also try to point you in the right part of Belfast to explore if he doesn't already cover it during your walk.
and if you just happen to be interested in music, especially The Undertones (does bowing gesture), Arthur's definitely the Belfast tour guide to look for.
& Arthur, if you're reading this, you were right...Terri's tour was indeed quite a memorable one!

Reviewed May 13, 2012

Raconteur, musician, postman, songwriter and Undertones devotee, Arthur Magee (Mr Experience Belfast) does a mean walking tour! We first clapped eyes on him leading a group through one of the warren of back lanes near the Cathedral Quarter in the heart of Belfast city. To be honest we were initially eavesdropping as he started to regale his group with one of the little-known anecdotes on his home city. He paused to welcome us and then continued with his talk. At this point we were hooked. This man seems to bring every bit of minutia alive, from Belfast's rejection of the slave trade in centuries past to the turbulent 'troubles' and on to the city's modern, cosmopolitan present. We have enjoyed quite a few walking tours over the years in different cities and truthfully we can say Arthur's was our favourite to date! If you have ANY time in Belfast do put him on your list of 'must dos'.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

Fantastic tour with Experience belfast!, We reallly enjoy a lot with you inside the tour experience in Belfast.
We are the Spanish on Sunday Miday.
Thank you very much for your time and for show us everything about that beautiful city.

Understones!!!!

1  Thank Orestes A
Reviewed May 5, 2012

I wanted to book a tour with Arthur after reading the reviews on TripAdvisor and was also intrigued to see the "alternative" Belfast. I contacted Arthur before arriving in Belfast and my advice to other travellers would be to do the same. Unfortunately Arthur wasn't available at the time I wanted the tour but enlisted his friend Raymond to do the tour instead. Arthur worked really hard to make sure that I had a tour during my time in Belfast, which I think is testament to his passion for the city.
Raymond is a History lecturer at Queen's university so the tour was very detailed. I saw things that I would no way otherwise have seen and even got to sit in the chair that William of Orange sat in. Raymond bought me a tea during the tour and was very enthusiastic about the subject. He was a fountain of knowledge and I'm confident that he could answer any question thrown at him! The tour was excellent value for money.
Thanks Arthur and Raymond. Arthur- next time I'm in Belfast I've love the tour from you!

1  Thank Beachymel