“Great place, great breakfast”
Review of Harlem Cafe

Harlem Cafe
Ranked #48 of 1,116 Restaurants in Belfast
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Absolutely loved this place, only regret is that we didn't go in sooner during our stay, to be honest thought it was going to be out of my budget.....but my daughter and myself had breakfast there and the staff and so friendly and helpful and there is so much to see while you are waiting. so defo even go in for a cuppa...its well worth the visit....

Write a ReviewReviews (1,202)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

What a vibrant place to visit to eat. The service was excellent and the bread for the sandwich was so fresh. Keep it up

Reviewed September 19, 2012

As a child I sat in marvellous wonderment at the skill, dexterity, pace, entertainment and obvious enjoyment of the world-famous Harlem Globetrotters - and after watching one of their exhibition games on the TV you wanted to play like them! So it is with Harlem cafe!

As soon as you enter through the door, you enter into a culinary world of skill, dexterity, pace, entertainment and obvious enjoyment of food! Over the past year or so, I have visited Harlem to enjoy it's wonderments by myself, as a guest of someone else or providing hospitality for someone else on many occasions! And on each, and every, occasion it has been an outstanding experience, and I have wanted to deliver the same levels of enjoyment and pleasure when I entertain someone in my home.. For example, their lunch-time pie specials are absolutely delicious. I particularly enjoyed the chicken and ham pie, with a light, crumbly sweet-crust pastry! And recently I treated myself to their all-day breakfast (it was mid-morning!) and I was served, and fully enjoyed, the best fry in Belfast!

While all the food I've sampled is tasty and sumptuous, what makes Harlem Cafe as famous as their namesake basketball team is the staff! I have never come across a more happy, bright, bubbly and fun-loving group of folks. They add that 'je ne sais quoi' and 'joie de vivre' that makes eating in Harlem cafe such a delight.

Congratulations to Faye and her team of both back of house and front of house for such enjoyable times. Oh, by the way, the decor 'rocks'!

I will be back ... again, and again, and again!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

The staff was awesome. We loved it so much there we ate there twice a day. The food is great too. The place was packed each time we were there. Right down the street from the Holiday Inn Belfast. Worth the stop.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

My friend booked this treat for me as we were catching up with each other after many years of being a bit out of touch.

It was fantastic and I really don't know quite where to start. The food was exquisite and plentiful - we didn't get through everything despite trying. We had sandwiches, home made scones with jam and cream, home make cakes, lashings of tea and the champagne was an added bonus. It was all served on old fahioned bone china which added a certain something in making it even more special.

The cafe itself is lovely, comfortable and stylish and the staff were attentive and friendly without being intrusive. They seemed to be enjoying the experience as much as we were!

I can highly recommend the cafe and the afternoon tea for two & bottle of Bollanger Champagne.

1  Thank Weston-Bell