“Fantastic building - wide range of top class productions”
Review of Lyric Theatre

Lyric Theatre
Ranked #16 of 238 things to do in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lyric Theatre is Northern Ireland's full-time producing theatre. The new theatre opened in May 2011 to great critical acclaim. The award winning building is built in traditional Belfast red brick, glass and iroko wood and the cafe bar offer beautiful views over the River Lagan and Stranmillis Embankment.The theatre is open seven days a week with performances usually running in the evenings from Tuesday through to Saturday and matinees on Saturday and Sundays. Contact our box office for more details or check online under "What's On". Our cafe serves coffee/tea and light lunches and is open every day. A brunch menu is available on Sunday mornings.As well theatrical productions, we also offer backstage tours, a programme of theatre school and professional learning and corporate hospitality. Pre-theatre dining is available on Friday and Saturday evenings. Free Wifi is availble
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was blown away by the new Lyric building the first time I went in and repeated visits have not dulled my enthusiasm. I think it is the best designed theatre I have even been in. Access is easy, the inside is spacious and characterful with great views and the auditorium is a perfect size. I love the high quality children's theatre they have on as well as the good stuff for grown-ups.
My only quibble is with the cafe/bar which seems to have a very limited range on offer - but maybe I have just been unlucky.

All reviews
in 22 reviews
"auditorium"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a family outing at Christmas with our elderly parents, due to the flag issue we were 5 minutes late, the manger was in my opinion not very helpful and left us sitting outside the main show watching a TV screen. The show was brilliant, service and attitude not so good.

1  Thank beattie88
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went to see 'Forget Turkey' which was a wonderful show. One which I would highly recommend. Also very pleased with the refurbishment of the theatre.

Reviewed January 9, 2013

My first visit to the newly revamped theatre. I had attended the old theatre for over thirty years and it was certainly beginning to show its age. Tired and not "customer friendly". The new theatre is an entirely different package. From the riverside it looks quite stunning. The airy, open visitors area/ bar is very welcoming, as are the smiling and very helpful staff. The performance area itself holds no criticism from me. We were in Row J, to the side of the stage, but were still met with excellent views of the stage, with the actors' every word being quite audible. An excellent place to which I will return, hopefully to see a much better show than the one I went to see, which was dreadful - but that's another story.