“Maybe ok for the experience but don't go purely for the food”
Review of Teatro Cabaret Restaurant - CLOSED

Teatro Cabaret Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/group.php?gid=122341771140298&ref=ts Facebook page for restaurant. Phone no is 02890 244090
Belfast, Northern Ireland
“Maybe ok for the experience but don't go purely for the food”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I must be missing something with this place. It has a nice ambience as you walk in with a bohemian type atmosphere, however we got a table directly in front of the musicians so could barely hear each other (its a very small restaurant). The food was just okay and overpriced in my opinion (desserts especially) as was the wine. It makes me think you are subsidising the entertainment, which didn't do it for me. We didn't stay late late (ie rolling out door at 2.30am) but can only assume the entertainment picks up somewhat in the small hours.

Oh, and bring cash as they don't take cards.

• Visited February 2013

Newtownards, United Kingdom
“Wot no Steak?”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Fancy turning up at a restaurant on a Saturday night at 8pm, the whole party orders their food and when the food is presented to the party, 1 person is left with a space where their steak should be? That's what happened on Saturday 26 January to our party.
The menu is very limited and rather expensive. I was a bit disappointed with the choice on the menu, expecting a much more varied and Meditteranean food. I was lucky enough to get the steak I ordered, 1 of our party was less fortunate.
The atmosphere is very good with the live music providing a nice ambience. It did however, get a bit loud making conversation across the dining table very difficult.

I don't think I will be back to Teatro in too much of a hurry!

• Visited January 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Amazing! Like being back in Spain...”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I went to Teatro with my boyfriend for tapas one Sunday before a Bank Holiday. We had never heard about the restaurant and came across it by chance. We were blown away! I lived in Spain for a year and this is the first Spanish restaurant I've been in that made me feel like I was back in the country. We ordered a selection of tapas and all were delicious, washed down with a bottle of Rioja. We ended up sitting for 4 hours listening to the live Flamenco music, chatting, eating and drinking. One of my favourite meals and nights out by far! I will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Authentic Mediterranean, amazing atmosphere...what's not to like??”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Teatro is a lovely teeny restaurant tucked into Botanic Avenue in Belfast, it has been visited by the great and the good, the reviewers and the general community and the atmosphere is in the walls, like the great restaurants you happen to find in Paris, Milan or Barcelona and you are so glad you opened that door.
The food is all fresh and we were told from Coffey's and the best Fish guy in Belfast and they were not wrong - delicious Kofte, delicious fish. Yummy little sweet tapas to finish off. A pretty good wine list too with pudding wines that are very surprising for Northern Ireland - seriously good! The place is close together, but you leave with Friends for life, music in your heart and relief that Belfast has a place like this at all!

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank brandfairy10
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A warm welcome on a very snowy night”
Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant for a girls night out.Despite there having been numerous cancellations and an almost empty venue we were treated to a great night of music,food and cocktails.Quality of the performances by Rosé and Kieron were just as good as on previous visits when the place was buzzing.Thanks...it could have been a disaster.