“Very Italian!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Villa Italia is a family run pizzeria restaurant established in 1988 in the heart of South Belfast, just a stones throw from Queen's University. A listed Georgian building, its success as one of Belfast's most popular eateries with over 300 seats continues to grow and is obvious by the queues which form on a regular basis outside the door every weekend - rain, hail or snow! Inside you can enjoy the rustic Italian charm of our interiors; picturesque murals, terracotta tiles, hanging grapevines, the subtle smell of garlic in the air and with Italian speaking waiters amongst our staff, one cannot help but feel transported to La Bella Italia itself!
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Lovely food, presented beautifully, cooked well, great service, good booze! Gotta love the flavours of Belfast!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Always eat here, food is always fantastic. staff are friendly and the service is amazingly quick.
Had a particularly good birthday here on the 10th February. We were a party of 12 and we were extremely well looked after. The menu is so extensive, prices are reasonable and the food is absolutely delicious. The decor and ambience of the place is fantastic!

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Great restaurant with extensive menu and reasonably priced. Has really become a Belfast institution having been her for over 20 years.
My one quibble is the pace of service. There is a pressure on staff to maintain a rapid turnover of customers: they are constantly on the alert to whisk away empty plates ( and sometimes even before customers have finished).There is no time to digest 1 course before the next appears. When you have a bottle of wine it's nice to linger and enjoy and this isn't encouraged. Obviously the management want as many sittings per table per night with queues out the door, but it does not make for relaxed dining.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Had a marvellous birthday dinner on 16th April. Very welcoming restaurant, although can be a bit cramped as tables are small. This doesn't effect the beautifully cooked and well presented food. We had a mixture of seafood and chicken starters from the 'Specials', menu. Very tasty, especially the chicken starter in cheese sauce. The sirloin steaks were amazing. Perfectly cooked in delicious mushroom sauce with double cooked hand cut chips. Service was prompt and friendly. We were a bit rushed to get to the theatre, not Villa Italias fault, just poor time keeping by ourselves so never got a chance to sample desert. Great restaurant with fantastic food and welcoming atmosphere. What more do you need?

Reviewed April 15, 2013

It's not easy to please me when it comes to pizza and co., but I have to say that I was not disappointed. I ordered a Mia, mozzarealla cheese, mushrooms and ham, and even though I expected to see Italian (e.g. Parma ham) ham and not common cooked ham on top of it, I have to say that it was my mistake, I keep forgetting it...We didn't have to wait too long and the staff was kind and smiling (always a plus). I also had an Affogato but I just find it ok, very little ice cream.
The decor is blatantly fake..my non Italian friends said that it really felt like being in Italy, the fact that some of them have never been there speaks for itself...To me it felt fake, but somehow it succeded in making me homesick...
The staff was nice and the service ok
I was overall satisfied