“Sumptious”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Villa Italia is a family run pizzeria restaurant established in 1988 in the heart of South Belfast, just a stones throw from Queen's University. A listed Georgian building, its success as one of Belfast's most popular eateries with over 300 seats continues to grow and is obvious by the queues which form on a regular basis outside the door every weekend - rain, hail or snow! Inside you can enjoy the rustic Italian charm of our interiors; picturesque murals, terracotta tiles, hanging grapevines, the subtle smell of garlic in the air and with Italian speaking waiters amongst our staff, one cannot help but feel transported to La Bella Italia itself!
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Sumptious”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Food and atmosphere. We were a large group and were glad we had booked. This has been one of the most consistently satisfying venues we've eaten at over the last 3 years. I've no idea how I didn't dicsover it earlier.

Visited October 2012

• Polish first
Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
“BEST ITALIAN RESTAURANT IN BELFAST”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had never been to Belfast so imagine my surprise when I found the most amazing Italian restaurant......I thought I was in South Philly.

Talk about a hidden treasure.....from the moment we walked in, we were greeted with a warm and engaging smile who took us to our table; offered us a cocktail; highlighted the specials of the evening -- which is the usual protocol for any good restaurant.

But from the wine to the homemade garlic bread, soup and outstanding pasta, the evening just got better and better. I love it when food is "hot" -- and not lukewarm -- and this food was served piping hot, with fresh Parmesan cheese. The Irish have a knack for making wonderful soup, and this vegetable soup was made exactly as expected -- full of robust flavor and served in a lovely soup bowl.

And of course, what would a wonderful Italian dinner be without great Italian desserts -- the tiramisu was divine....

As I was walking around admiring the Italian paintings, I had a very nice conversation with a gentleman -- and I shared with him that I was from Philadelphia and that I was so excited to be in Belfast -- to see the Titanic. The next thing I know the nice man -- Max, the general manager, sent over a complimentary glass of Limoncello.

That is true Irish hospitality -- and I can't say enough great things about this restaurant!

• Visited October 2012
Ireland
“ANother Excellent meal”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

We ate here on our latest trip to Belfast. The restaurant was busy, but we only waited a few minutes for a table. Staff were friendly and efficient. The food as always was excellent. The lamb and pork dishes we ordered came with delicious sauces. Once again Villa Italia delivered. We have never had a bad meal here and we have visited many times.

• Visited October 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“great food, great service, especially our waiter gareth he could not do enough for us and cant wait to come back.”
Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

we where promptly seated and had our drinks served in a few minutes which where quite reasonably priced and quite am extensive menu and wine list our food came out of the kitchen in what seemed like no time at all i had medium sirloin steak and my wife had carbonara both where cooked perfectly and quite generous portions i would like to point out our waiter gareth was the best waiter i have ever had as noting was too much trouble or a bother to him and i cant wait to return

Langford, United Kingdom
“Lovely food, good service”
Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

I have eaten here several times this year, whilst on business in Belfast. The spaghetti scoglio is excellent, staff attentive and friendly and it's always full - but I have always been able walk in on a weekday evening and get a table. Recommended.