“Tour of Belfast”

and up
Giant's Causeway Tour from Belfast
Ranked #29 of 109 Tours in Belfast
More attraction details
Owner description: If you're visiting N.Ireland then our tour is a must! We bring you to all the points of interest along the Antrim Coast Road and around Belfast and give you a great deal of information along the way, all delivered with our great Belfast sense of humour. On your tour you will see: Carrickfergus castle, the Antrim coast road Larne, Ballygally, Glenarm, Carnlough, Waterfoot, Cushendall,Ballycastle,the Carrick a reede rope bridge, Balintoy,Whitepark bay, Bushmills,Bushmills distillery, Dunluce castle and the Giants causeway then on the Belfast tour you will see :City Hall Queens University, Botanical Gardens and National MuseumCrown Bar and Opera HouseFalls Road (including Allens Tours exclusives such as Clonard Monastery - scene of the peace talks and Bombay Street - where the "Troubles" started in 1969)Peace WallShankill RoadCrumlin Road Gaol and CourthouseSt Annes CathedralAlbert ClockOdysee Complex and Titanic QuarterStormont (NI Parliament Buildings)CS Lewis Narnia Statue and the Murals of East Belfast (another Allens Tours exclusive!)The story of each of these sites is covered in great detail. You can stop at any of the sites, just let the driver and guide know where you wish to stop and be picked up again. You will learn the history of our city from its foundation right through to its turbulent recent past which in itself is covered in a sensitive way letting you see the conflict through local eyes. We are more than happy to collect you and drop you back to your hotel during our hours of operation.We also offer a daily tour to NI's World Heritage site at the Giants Causeway. Taking in the historic Carrickfergus Castle on Belfast Lough, the picturesque Antrim Coast with its nine mystical Glens, Carrickareade Ropebridge, The Causeway and Bushmills Distillery. Another must when visiting NI. Combination discounts are available on both tours. We are happy to Help!
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tour of Belfast”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My friend came to Belfast over Easter and I took him on Allen's Bus Tour of the City. The cost of the tour was reasonable, the comfort of the bus was okay, the areas covered on the tour were good. However, the commentary from the tour guide Lisa/Liza was cringe worthy!!! Her description on some of Belfast's landmarks were incorrect i.e. Clonard Monastry she said the locals call it something else - being a local I can confirm it is not known as anything other than Clonard Monastry.

Her description of what the 'locals' call the road strip to Belfast City Airport again is incorrect, i.e. more tar in a pack of cigarettes? - the locals do not refer to it as this description. There were many references Lisa said about what Locals refer to - being a local, it was new to me!!

Rather than Lisa 'trying hard' to make 'funny' comments about Belfast, it would be incredibly beneficial to tourists (given English may not be their first language) if she were to provide commentary with a level of intelligence and show a sense of pride in her city rather than try and poke fun at it!!

1 Thank AnneC356

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Great trip helped by good weather!!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I decided in the Easter break I'd take my 3 children (13,11 & 5) on an open top bus tour of Belfast. I was pleased to get a groupon deal for the four of us...we had a super tour with Lisa, our tour guide and Jack, our driver. Lisa was excellent, very helpful and informative and my children thoroughly enjoyed learning about their capital city.

Visited April 2013
Donegal Town, Ireland
“Allens Giants Causeway & City Bus Tours”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I went on Allens City Bus Tour on Good Friday (I bought my ticket in the Belfast Centre - Great Victoria St)- it was good value, although I had not been told it was only running every 2 hours due to winter season, until i went to exit the bus at the Titanic Exhibition. I would have preferred to have known up front so i could have timed my day better & got off to see some other attractions.
I then did your Allens Giants Causeway Tour on Easter Sunday- again, it was good, but the bus only left town at 10.40am due to hotel / office pick-ups. I was picked up at Days Hotel (and I had fully paid for my Ticket on Friday) yet i had to get off the bus at the Office, que with everyone else to show my Ticket & then get back on the bus!! There were a wait at Donegall Square & again at the Ramada Hotel, so a lot of "delays"

I, along with other people felt therefore we did not have enough time at the Visitor Attractions (photo stops at Carrickfergus & Dolce Castle) & only 1 hour 20mins at Carrick Rede Rope Bridge & the Giants Causeway (20 mins walk down & back,photos etc AND lunch break was not enough) We then raced to Bushmills Distillery to "Check out the shop / bar" at 4.50pm,yet the Shop was closed due to Easter Sunday Trading Laws,so a waste of time (our Driver did not know this).
We also had to "rush back" to Belfast as 2 people on a full bus had to connect with a Train?! Our Driver Ray (although lovely) kept reminding us of this "having to rush back so the 2 people could make their connection" . He also constantly reminded us he was a last minute replacement & he hadn't done the tour in over 1 year, so "please do not talk, keep quiet, & let him drive the bus, commentate & try to remember the tour facts" He constantly repeated this, so was very off putting!
It would have been best if the driver had known in advance if Attractions are not open due to Easter times etc, as we could have stayed at the Giants Causweay a little longer?? & to be constantly telling a completley full!!! bus of people, "we are rushing today for to suit 2 people" did not set a positive atmosphere for anyone.
The tours were good, but it would have been better to be forewarned in advance about the times of the buses / bring snacks etc as you have very little time for lunch etc.

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Worth Money trip!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

good, however when we reached giant causeway, it wasnt enough time to visit and also need to wait for a while for the coach come.

Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The day was nice, but I am disappointed with Allen´s Tour. They forgot us!”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The experience of the tour was excellent, incredible landscapes and highly recommend doing. Giant's Causeway is fantastic, as well as the Rope Bridge. However, be careful with the choice of the company. Yesterday my girlfriend and I went through a huge displeasure with Allen's Tour. I bought my tour with some of the vendors on the street, and they scheduled to get us in our Hostel at 09:30.. But It was 10:15 h and they had not yet appeared yet. I asked on of the Employees of our hostel to call them to find out what happened and well they had forgot us! Unfortunately we heard from this girl of the hostel that was no longer the first time it happened with Allen's Tour (and it is important to say that we had already paid for the tour and they had my name on the list) . "Luckly", they came back to get us. However the bus was already completely full and I had to sit all the way back of the bus while my girlfriend was in the "extra-emergency" chair beside the driver (overbook, for sure).

Our driver, Ray, was very friendly and told us stories all day, however was returning to work on tours that same day, after a year away, and did not seem familiar with the route of Allens Tour. He was also a bit forgetful sometimes and "dramatic" some moments in the trip.

Another downside of our day is about the time we had to enjoy the main attractions of the day. 1:20 hours for the Rope Bride and 1:20 hours to the Giant's Causeway. The problem is that half of that we spend walking from the bus stop until we get to the attractions (20 minutes walk to go and another 20 minutes to get back in both attractions, leaving very little time to actually enjoy the attractions). By the way, in our tour there was no decent time to have lunch! We had to find some minutes in between those attractions. Good thing we had brought some snacks.

A visit to Bushmills is a total joke. We had only 20 minutes to be there in the place and simply go to the Gift Shop! To taste drinks, as promised on the website of Allen's Tour? Forget it. (by the way, there was no decent time to have lunch! We had to find some minutes in between those attractions)

The day was pleasant, and the journey along the coast of Northern Ireland is quite beautiful, but it might be appropriate to seek some other companies to do the same route on your next trip.

2 Thank Victor C