“Wear your coat!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Northern Ireland
“Wear your coat!”
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was the second time I have had lunch in this bar, both times it has been so cold that I have had to keep my coat on the entire meal. I had asked for a table for three in the restaurant and although less than half the tables had diners I was told they were fully booked. By the time I was leaving the restaurant was virtually empty. The food was 'average' unfortunately after our waiter had told us the specials and I ordered it, he returned a few minutes later to advise the special was sold out. My friends drink came in a lipstick smeared glass, when this was pointed out they went and poured the drink from the dirty glass into a clean one. The waiter didn't seem to understasnd why we had a problem with this. I have to say I was disappointed and don't think I will be returning.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Drumbeat101

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Food you can dream about. .... What's not to like!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This was my second visit to Horatio Todds, my partner and I ate here on valentines night and went for their 3 course valentines menu with champagne cocktail for £24.95 each. Nothing about our evening disappointed. I tried the goat's cheese fritters for starters then had steak followed by espresso creme brulee. All 3 courses were mouth watering, the steak was cooked to perfection and the brulee was just the right consistency. My partner started with the bruschetta. . I of course had to try some and omg it was the best I've ever tasted. He also had steak and finished with caramel and chocolate tart. .. rich and tasty. The cocktails were sweet and perfect for a romantic celebration; the decor and lighting is rich and somewhat bohemian and the helium heart balloons on the table were a cute addition. Our server was very friendly and accommodating and service was very quick. If anything I would say a few more mins between courses might have been needed to let food settle. That's how fast they were! Presentation of the food was also great and the restaurant has a nice quiet atmosphere despite the bar being in the same building. I'm a firm advocate of this place now and was recommending it in work today.

2 Thank JayBeck
“Fab restaurant”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great atmosphere and good food. The bar is great and the cocktails are yummy! Would definitely suggest this restaurant to anyone.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank AA12_13
“Eclectic atmosphere”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It's my local, within walking distance. Originally Cafe Rouge its now nicely refitted into a lovely bar/diner serving cocktails and good Guiness amongst other fine booze.The bar staff are great.
food in the restaurant is just OK and service reasonable, but avoid beefburgers here! The average take-away van in a lay-by would serve better quality! Steaks are dear and very mediocre.
It's a great place for people watching and has its own off street car parking. Only its food prevents it from being truly great! its always bunged and as long as the till keeps ringing I guess the owners will be happy!
It's a competitive market and if you wanted a really good meal there are several places without travelling far where the food is very much better! You could dine in the Dirty Duck or Shu for similair money (around £35 per head)and they're both vastly superior!

• Visited February 2013
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Went for lunch with my wife and gave our order within 5 mins of arriving. over an hr later still no sign of lunch this was after twice asking the waitress what is the hold up. She did say they were very busy, I would have believed this but the restaurant was only half full. We then decided to leave, I approached the waitress and advised we were leaving her reply was our meal was next to come out. I informed her that other couples & groups had arrived after us they had eaten, paid and left and we still hadn't received ours. I asked to see the manager, not sure if I got him or not ( he said he was the manager) as he couldn't care less about our complaint. He was going to get the owner to follow up our complaint, we never got a reply.

Visited November 2012