“One of my fav spots.”

Ranked #36 of 1,130 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Muriels is always busy but we love coming here for a glass of wine or cocktail. there is more seating outside and a great spot in the summer. In the winter they will always have a warm mulled drink on the menu which is fab. Love this place.

Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

My friends and i have always loved visiting Muriels, whether it a shopping trip, business trip or just a fun day Muriels was always on the agenda, a real gem, (the upstairs like a romany caravan), great food especially the portabello mushroom burger, drinks always served impeccably, ie raspberries in the ice cubes, just little extra touches... however we eagerly called in again a week ago and things have slipped... a lot. First of all our regular ciders were out of stock in every flavour, undeterred we ordered other drinks and went upstairs to order food, the quirky decor is now distinctly old, the shabby chic gone and now just extremely grubby looking with wallpaper ripped in places etc., the menu had been changed which is fine but gone were the old favourites which were superb, disheartened we decided to finish our drinks visit the loo and leave but even before entering the ladies the stench coming from there was very noticeable and inside the toilets were grubby and certainly not clean or fresh smelling. All in all a very disappointing visit, i hope things get back on track again soon but certainly for our little group we wont be making a bee line back there anytime soon.

2  Thank Paula H
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Make sure you go upstairs and check out the décor. Muriel's is a strange but cosy and interesting place to have lunch in central Belfast. The food is always good and the Gin selection strangely large. Veggies are also well catered for. A firm favourite with those in the know.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I came upon Muriel's Bar while I was staying in Belfast on business in the very busy run up to Christmas. I'd been doing some early evening Christmas shopping and was in desperate need of a drink. It was very busy but the lady behind the bar looked at the security TV and told me that a seat had just become free upstairs. She could see that I was struggling with a briefcase and shopping bags so she offered to bring my Guinness up to me - a really nice gesture, which was appreciated. Although a little dark, the upstairs area was like stepping back in time with a very tasteful décor - it was almost like having a drink in someone's sitting room. The lady behind the bar was constantly up and down serving drinks and food and when she saw that I was coming to the end of my pint, she offered to bring me up another. I have to say that I have never experienced such 'hands on' service in a pub and I will certainly be back the next time I'm in Belfast.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

my wife and i had lunch here recently,and really enjoyed it.the food is good and great value,and the staff are really friendly and attentive.the place is eccentric which gives it so much charm,really to be recommended.