“poor customer relations”

Ranked #34 of 1,135 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Reviewed July 2, 2013

my husband and I were given a voucher for this cafe last Christmas. it accidently dropped behind the piano where it stayed hidden until we were decorating recently. On retrieving it i noticed that the six month time limit had expired three days previously ..However I felt confident that explaining the situation they would understand and extend the expiry time to allow us to avail of the voucher that same week............wrong !!! The manager was totally inflexible , wouldn't listen and was abrupt in her manner to me. I am surprised and disappointed, especially as restaurants / cafes are all suffering greatly from the recession.As a result of this experience niether I nor my husband and family members will be returning to Muriels Cafe Bar .

4  Thank Kate R

Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I ate in muriels for the first time on Saturday! I didn't know what to expect but I certainly wasnt disappointed.
Firstly, it's tiny but packed full of atmosphere.
We were greeted by friendly warm inviting staff.We had booked in advance & once shown to our table our food & drinks arrived promptly! The food was delicious - I had the steak sandwich.
I will definitely return to this little gem! I would recommend booking table in advance as space is limited.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had some time to kill while in town so calle din for a bit of lunch with my better half. Kooky but lavish interior, comfy seats and great food. Would of happily left a tip but they'd already added that to the bill!... I hate that

Reviewed June 20, 2013

Always enjoy muriels for a post work pint, love their cheeseboard and wine deal up until midnight. Had a lovely cheeky lunch before work on Saturday and couldn't fault it. Very friendly and helpful staff always a great atmosphere. Much love for Muriel's.

1  Thank rdon001
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Went in here on a Sat night. Place was pretty full but we still got some standing space. Decor wass great loved the underwear hanging across the ground floor. Upstairs has some lovely seating areas - lots of velvet and low lighting. Cocktails were great just ok a while to get served at the bar but that is to be expected at a cocktail bar. Music was commerical house so plenty of songs you would recognize. Really enjoyed this place