“Very Irish!”

Ranked #42 of 1,051 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Description: This is an independent department store with a cafe restaurant upstairs
Norman, Oklahoma
“Very Irish!”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

A Belfast native met us at AVOCA for lunch and it was filled with many locals on their lunch hour. Gift shop and good food. They call it “Belfast’s Most Interesting Store and Café”. Very Irish.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Lynn1945

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Ladies who lunch”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Avoca is both my daughters favourite place to lunch in town...
Always busy with a good buzz about it . Food is superb with plenty of veggie options.
Desserts are also to die for!

• Visited November 2013
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Impeccable!”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Such an amazing place for takeaway and sit in! Two different options (table service or canteen type counter service). Their foodhall for takeaway downstairs is so alluring and if I ever walk past, I cannot help buy scones... caramel squares, brown soda, brownies, lasagne, chicken broccoli bake... I could go on, but Id give you the menu. It may be a bit pricier but the quality of it is totally worth it. The berry scones are my favourite!

Donegal Town, Ireland
“great breakfast”
Reviewed October 25, 2013

10 of us went to Avoca for breakfast while in town on a girly trip. initially we thought we weren't going to be accommodated - dining room was v busy, but Shane managed to squeeze us in. we've eaten at Avoca on previous trips and not been disappointed. Even given the size of our group and how busy the restaurant was, service was prompt, efficient and friendly. Shane looked after us very well and even managed to cope with 10 individuals paying separately. Avoca is definitely a pleasant place to eat with well priced, good food.

Hamilton, Canada
“Beautiful scones and jams!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Wanted something to take back to my hotel for a quick breakfast before heading out sight-seeing the next morning. A couple of Scones and a pot of their raspberry jam was just what I needed. So good, I stopped in again the next day to pick-up a pick-me-up in the late afternoon in the form of a coffee and luscious chocolate square. So brilliant I went looking for them when I visited Dublin 2 weeks later!