“Avoca Belfast”

Ranked #50 of 1,107 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Description: This is an independent department store with a cafe restaurant upstairs
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Brilliant, food superb, service like you'll always want, the manager is fantastic, and that's AVOCA in Belfast, better not tell too many people or we'll not lunch there on Saturday!!!!!!! Best lunch in Belfast!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Absolutely love Avoca. Worth travelling to Ireland for alone! We ended up in the cafe this time since the queue for the restaurant was too long. The salads and meals were increadible, as always. Plenty of choice for vegetarians too. Would eat here every day if we got the chance. The coffee was ok, but could be better. The only real negative about it would have to be the crowds. People were basically hovering to get your table as you ate.

Reviewed November 9, 2012 via mobile

Regularly visit Avoca for the creative food, wonderful atmosphere & central location. Avoca is pricey- I had a trio of salads which was £8 while my friend had a vegetarian Caesar salad at £9. The food is fresh and the restaurant and deli are always lively. Staff are attentive & personable. Easy to see why this place is always packed at lunch- just be prepared to pay a little more for the experience ;)

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Had heard lots of good reports about Avoca so was keen to experience it for myself. We had coffee and pear and almond scones. Delicious and reasonably priced.. Only slight criticism is that tables quite close together making it difficult to have a private conversation.

1  Thank Linda W
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was in Belfast for a one night business trip; and one of the places I was looking forward to visit was AVOCA! It's so my kind of boutique store :) I just love it! My husband and I ended up having lunch at the Cafe and were happy that we had the time to do just that!

I opted for the crab salad while he had the soup of the day (Cream of Vegetable) which came with a generous portion of Irish soda bread .... Mmmmmm! Both were amazing dishes! My salad was JUST RIGHT in every way! I enjoyed the combination of flavours in every mouthful and was literally dreading having to get to the last bite!

The service was also great! Friendly and very knowledgeable with regards the items on the menu.

I would definitely recommend anyone visiting Belfast to go there!

Well done!

P.S. Bought myself a salad recipe book which I look forward to try at home :)