“Worth a visit”

Cutters Wharf
Ranked #392 of 1,129 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stranmillis
Description: Cutters Wharf is renowned for those lazy, hazy days that we all love, when we can chill out by the river regardless of the weather.Ideal for a BBQ party or cocktail style event outside, Cutters is the place to be for any event! From al fresco dining areas outside with TV screens to never miss a match to the cosines of the casual downstairs bar with its riverside views where you can always enjoy the latest sporting event on one of many screens or listen to one of our live bands in the evening. Whilst upstairs you have informal dining at its best, in literally the comfiest restaurant in the city. With wide open windows to enhance your dining experience, there is nowhere quite like this in Belfast. Bring your friends & family to celebrate a special occasion or butter up your colleagues with a workplace party. Cutters really does have something for everyone!
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Have not eaten in Cutters for a few years now and was very pleasantly surprised by the food and service. A special mantion must go to Conor who was one of our waiters, he was excellent. Seemed to really care how our evening was going. We will definately go back to Cutters

Reviewed August 9, 2013

went here last Saturday as it was quite a nice day. We went for the bar menu and ate outside. I had the burger and chips and I have to say I would have been better going to Burger King. It was poor to say the least.
Would I go for food again, no! The burger was tasteless and dry. The surroundings nice yes with a nice cool drink but the food really let it down. I had 2 friends with me, one had the burger also and was really disappointed as well. My other friend had the chicken wrap and it was a bit on the bland side as well.
Quite disappointed I have to say with out meals. Maybe the restaurant is better but not sure I would be in a hurry back.

1  Thank murzo
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

Cut my lip on a chipped cocktail glass. When this was pointed out to manager was asked if I wanted a plaster (for the inside of my lip? ) and then ignored after that. Nothing taken off the price if the painful drink. Slow service. Miserable staff. Good was do do. Steak was well done despite being asked for medium. V long wait after ordering. Hard to get staffs attention. Generally a let down. Also not clear what the set up or location of BBQ is. If you aren't regular font expect anyone to proffer information

2  Thank naomikelly
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I recently spent an afternoon here in the outdoor area enjoying the glorious sunshine and some ice cold drinks.

The bar is next to the River Lagan which is a lovely setting and especially nice on a warm summers day.

Previous reviewers have mentioned problems with dress code, but I was there with a group of around 10 people (male and female) and we didn't experience any issues. We also had children in the group and this was not a problem either.

A great place to spend a Saturday afternoon.

1  Thank Queneth_Veneth
Reviewed July 28, 2013

My friends and I met up last week after work for some dinner, we choose to meet at Cutters Wharf as we hadn't been there for a while.
On arrival we were greeted by friendly member of staff in the bar, but to our disappiontment were informed that food was not served in the bar after 5pm but we could dine up stairs, not what we had in mind as it was a nice evening and we would have liked to had a table outside by the river.
We made our way upstairs, we were very impressed by the decor etc. another friendly staff member showed us to a table in the centre of the restaurant which seemed fine.
There was a good selection of courses on the menu and they all sounded good, there was also a reasonable priced pre theatre menu of 2 or 3 courses which suited us so we ordered the 2 course choice. Indeed all of us agreed the food was very good.
My only negative would be as the evening went on we became increasingly bothered by other customers pushing in and out past our table as the tables were so close together, maybe something for management address.
Would recommend the food any time, it was lovely, but still would have liked a table in the bar or out side in the evening.