“Simple good food with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cutters Wharf

Cutters Wharf
Ranked #384 of 1,043 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Stranmillis
Description: Cutters Wharf is renowned for those lazy, hazy days that we all love, when we can chill out by the river regardless of the weather.Ideal for a BBQ party or cocktail style event outside, Cutters is the place to be for any event! From al fresco dining areas outside with TV screens to never miss a match to the cosines of the casual downstairs bar with its riverside views where you can always enjoy the latest sporting event on one of many screens or listen to one of our live bands in the evening. Whilst upstairs you have informal dining at its best, in literally the comfiest restaurant in the city. With wide open windows to enhance your dining experience, there is nowhere quite like this in Belfast. Bring your friends & family to celebrate a special occasion or butter up your colleagues with a workplace party. Cutters really does have something for everyone!
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Simple good food with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Went into cutters for a meal this weekend. I had honey chilli chicken to start and pork belly for mains. I was unable to sample the dessert menu as my meal was so filling. The food was simple and well executed and staff were so friendly and could not do enough for you. Conor in particular was fabulous as was the blond haired manager, who was in complete control of a busy, lively restaurant. It was refreshing to get such good service and I am looking forward to my next visit to try their desserts.

Visited June 2013

“Unreliable”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

On planning my civil ceramony, my partner and I both agreed that Cutters would be a fantastic venue to have the ceramony and evening event in. After contacting them And giving them the details of what I wanted, I was assured that I would be contacted by email on the following Monday at the very latest. This wasn't done,I contacted them on Thursday to be asked for the information again! The "general manager" was extremely relaxed about the whole situation and didn't even apologise! With businesses closing daily at the minute, you would think that people would bite your arm off for future revenue. But not Cutters. The customer service in this situation was diabolical and I would not recommend planning an event in the future with them after the experience I have had.

5 Thank funkyjay1985
Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“Great location an excuse for poor food?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

I was really disappointed with my recent trip to Cutters. The location is beautiful and it’s great for a drink in a nice location but the food was a real let down.

For a start, it’s the only bar/restaurant I know of in Belfast that you have to go up to the bar and pay before ordering the meal, fair enough if you can be assured that there will be no reason to complain about the food. In hindsight I should have complained about the food on the day as the burger was worse than something you’d order from a roadside van. Cheap burger bun, cheap meat, badly cooked, poorly presented. The beef burger was really tough at the edges and very dry. It had either been cooked for far too long or it’s been sitting out drying up under a heat lamp before being served. I don’t know how long the burger might have been sitting there for because the food was served questionably fast….

The chili fries I ordered were tasty but hardly gourmet for £3.50 which seemed disproportionately high compared the mains on the menu which were quite reasonably priced.

I had a nice glass of red wine but had to change the glass as it had lip gloss around the rim.

In summary, lovely for a drink overlooking the river especially as it’s had a bit of an overhaul and the heated outdoor area is lovely, but eat somewhere else before you go.

3 Thank Suzi M
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Disappointed by poor customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

As a frequent visitor to Cutter's Wharf Restaurant, my latest experience there was a very poor one- where we were spoken to rudely by a staff member. Admittedly the staff member later apologised, but it did destroy the evening for my guest and myself. Will definitely not be going back- unless I feel like being patronised, embarrassed, and let down. Which really is a shame as the food is excellent.

5 Thank BrendanUnico
Belfast
“Food awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I visited Cutters last week with 15 others. My food was cold and really not nice. I had squid for starter and would not recommend it. For main I had pork belly +mash. The dish was cold and the pork extremely dry and tough. It was impossible to eat in front of others (I would have needed a steak knife). It is inexpensive but still not worth it.
There were also several errors with the bill.
I like cutters for a drink but in my opinion the food isn't great.

2 Thank freetaker