“Good food, atmosphere and friendly staff”
Review of Carlito's restaurants - CLOSED

Carlito's restaurants
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Located in Belfast Northern Ireland, it is a new restaurant and has great and amazing food. Very reasonably priced. I would love to get them on Trip Advisor, as I hope our hotel will recommend them as well.
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good food, atmosphere and friendly staff”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

3 of us enjoyed a very good early bird menu here in mid- 2012. I should point out that all of us live outside Belfast. As a result of our good experience on our first visit, we asked 2 friends to join us for a return visit shortly before Christmas. We had intended to eat at Carlito's and them head on somewhere else. The food was excellent, a second bottle of wine & drinks were ordered and we left at closing time following complimentary lemoncellos and coffees. The staff were very attentive and the manager very friendly and attentive also. We all left feeling that we had had a great night and good value for money.

Northern Ireland
“Awful Place - Owner very rude”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Don't even try this place. It was a disgrace.
My partner had booked a meal here for my birthday but it turned out to be a complete disaster.
He had booked the special deal through Living Social. A website that is very much like Groupon or Wowcher. He had prepaid for our meal as a surprise for me on my birthday. He took the time to call the resteraunt the day before and booked a table for two. He explained to the waiter that he had prepaid through living social and was told that would be totally fine. So we arrived the following evening and were shown our table.

The waiter brought the menus and my partner explained that he had prepaid through living Social. He showed the waiter his electronic voucher on his iPhone but this waiter seemed confused and said they didn't accept these vouchers. We explained that we had fully paid already and that he could see this clearly on the electronic voucher on the iPhone. The waiter then went and got another waiter who read the voucher and said we needed a printed copy. We showed him the electronic voucher again and pointed out the bold writing that said that the user could use the electronic voucher or a printed version.
We showed him that nowhere did it say that only a printed copy would suffice. He was still adamant that we would need to pay again.

We asked that he speak to his manager and he left for a few minutes then returned and said that his manager said No. At this point other diners were watching us and we felt extremely embarrassed. We explained again to him that we had already paid and again showed him where the voucher clearly stated that the electronic version could be used. We asked him to speak to his boss again. He replied that his boss was not there. We asked then how did you speak with him before and he replied that he had called him on the phone. We asked that he call him again and we asked that if they gave us their email address we could email the voucher directly from the iPhone and they could print it out. He went again to call his boss and returned to inform us that his boss still said no and that they could not serve us unless we paid again.

By this stage we felt totally humiliated infront of all the other customers in the restaurant. The waiter then told us that if we had pre booked our table and explained that we had an electronic voucher then there would not have been a problem. My partner explained that he did do this and gave the waiter his name again. The waiter replied that he remembered this and that it was him who had taken the booking. However he continued that his boss had said no to this electronic voucher and that he could not serve us unless we agreed to pay again. By this stage our evening was totally ruined and we decided to just leave.

We left the restaurant and my partner phoned the Newtownards branch and asked to speak to the owner of the two restaurants. The guy replied that he was the owner. My partner explained the situation and the owner replied that he knew about this and that the waiter had called him twice already. My partner explained that he had paid already and that nowhere did it say that only a printed copy of the voucher would be accepted. He explained that we had driven into Belfast from our of town especially for my birthday and that we had informed the waiter before we arrived about the Living Social deal. He went on to say that he was dissappointed that nether he (the owner) nor the waiters had even said sorry but just flatly refused to even acknowledge that what we were saying was infact true. The owner replied "look I don't have your money so it's nothing to do with me - take it up with Living Social"

What a fantastic attitude towards us and what great customer service - NOT !!

Why do these people sign up to these voucher deals but then treat the customers like second class trade. This owner and his waiters have treated us dreadfully, totally ruined my birthday surprise and ensured that we will never ever return to this restaurant where the owner is rude and arrogant and his waiters are ill informed.

Stay well away - it's not worth the upset they will cause you.

9 Thank mcf76j
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Very good food - plentiful portions”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Had a christmas dinner here with some friends. Nice atmosphere and the food was of excellent quality and the portions were large. Food was very well presented and the waiters were very attentive and helpful.
Service was quick and efficient.
Value for money is excellent.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Lovely location, good prices”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Visited hear whilst on a business trip to Queen's Uni. The lunch menu was fairly priced, the pizza was excellent, and everything seemed authentic. The restaurant wasn't very busy at the time I went but I can only assume that the service is normally brilliant. Highly recommended. Perhaps what could be improved is the ambience, its far from that of a traditional italian trattoria.

• Visited October 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
“First class food and service at a very reasonable price”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

A small group of us from work went out for a pre-Christmas lunch and were delighted with the experience. Unobtrusive but efficient service throughout the meal. Tremendous choice of courses with quite a few non-Italian possibilities for those who didn't want pizza or pasta. Generous helpings marked each course: three courses for £9.95. Couldn't fault my meal in any way and my fellow diners gave the same verdict. I'll certainly be back: a super find in Botanic Avenue. Give it a try!