“Good Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Queen's Quarter
Description: Located in Belfast Northern Ireland, it is a new restaurant and has great and amazing food. Very reasonably priced. I would love to get them on Trip Advisor, as I hope our hotel will recommend them as well.
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Lovely experience, selection great, food excellent, authentic Italian staff were very friendly! Booked for girls night out and was great.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

We visited this restaurant during our first nights stay in Belfast. it is a nice modern looking restaurant with some outside seating too but this faces the main road. Inside the decor is modern and attractive. On arrival the staff were friendly and showed us to our table. We chose beer to drink, Spaghetti Carbonara and Spaghetti Polpette which was described as the 'Bosses favourite'.

The food came quickly, perhaps a little too quick as the 3 meatballs in the spaghetti Polpette were luke warm. The tomato sauce was supposed to be flavoured with garlic and basil but I couldn't really taste either.

Whilst we were eating a couple came and sat at the table next to us and ordered a bottle of wine, the waiter came and poured wine for them to taste and spilled a lot of it on the table which was not very good.

Overall a fairly average experience and we found better places in the area.

Total bill was £26.45 which was OK for two meals and 3 beers. It would have been nice to have more meatballs and I would have scored them higher if my food had been hotter.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

used to eat here with my husband lots.
went in last Friday late afternoon to have the early bird having had it on numerous occasions
appeared to be new staff , no sign of usual managers/owners
ordered and when our food came what a disappointment
I had ordered the starter of pizza with little cheese.
i ordered the steak with pepper sauce ,very well done with tobacco onions and not to put the usual tomato with it .
Husbands meal was fine.
my pizza starter had a lot of cheese but i said nothing as i was looking forward to the steak.
my steak arrived with the tomatoe and no onions
asked them to take the tomaote away and pointed out the missing onions
steak came back still with the tomato and a couple of shreds of greasy onion
when i cut into the steak it was medium to rare but at this stage would not be bothered sending it back
when they came after about 10 mins to check if we were ok the new manager saw my steak left. i told him of my experience and he pointed out that there was a new member of staff his first day
we pointed out that we intened to pay but would certainly not be back
they could not have cared.
sad, when a restaurant goes down hill and the new staff/management could not care less.
we eat out in Belfast 3 times a week and used to be a regular here.

Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

After a long day shopping last saturday afternoon my husband and myself decided to try Carlito's for some lunch. The waiter very nice and made us feel very welcome.
I had spagetti bolognese and my husband had a pizza, both were very nice and portions were excellent for a lunch menu. Excellent value for money as lunch prices were only 5.95!
Myself and my hubby love Italian and always would have eaten in Villa Italia or Scalini's but I can honestly say we enjoyed Carlito's as much if not more, and are intending on paying a visit today again for lunch!

1  Thank Sam28Nireland
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Were caught looking for a good quick meal on a Friday night and thought we would try here after a quick look at the menu. Starters from £2(nibbles) to £10 and enticing- basic pasta from £7.95 to steaks at £17 limited deserts. We were looking for a quick meal and only ordered a main course but as we were seated close to the kitchen door we saw all the rest of the food going out and the Scallops looked absolutely fantastic.
I went for the Penne Americano. The description of bacon, penne with cherry tomato sauce and chilli sounded enticing, whilst my wife went for the lasangne and the 10 year old went for the chicken strips. We waited about 10 mins after ordering. Food was well presented. Chips were large chunky and home made.
The ten year old declared that the chicken was great and she loved the big chips. Lasangne was meaty and good. My Penne was subtle and tasty but I did chase the chilli and seriously began to wonder if the chef had forgot but it did make an appearance in the form of an ocassional slice of mild fresh chilli (as per description). The basic house tomato sauce is very pleasant and I even got a spoon to make sure I wasted none.
Desert menu had nothing that jumped out that I really wanted to try but again those that passed us were well presented. 10yo enjoyed included ice cream.
House wine was an acceptable cabernet/merlot mix. Bill for two mains one child meal two wine and one soft drink £32.50, which for central belfast was not at all bad.
Downsides: there was a loud group of women a table close by who thankfully left about half way through our meal. Alcohol is expensive. £4.20 for a draught pint £3.45 for regular shot of spirit. £3.95 for a glass of wine. Service was functional rather than friendly but everthing we asked for was delivered quickly and effienctly.
Average is a little unfair to this restaurant but it is good rather than very good. Would like to go back and have a more relaxed meal.