“Excellent Food and Excellent Value!”
Review of The Elk Inn

The Elk Inn
Ranked #691 of 1,129 Restaurants in Belfast
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A fun, friendly pub and kitchen located on the outskirts of Belfast. Family friendly upstairs in our lounge, providing great afternoon and evening menus with fantastic offers. Also warm rustic atmosphere downstairs in our public bar, especially when showing major sporting events!
Reviewed April 18, 2012

We had a flier dropped through our door from the Elk so decided to give it a go last Friday (13th). When my husband and I arrived we were shown over to our table (a cosy one by the window). The manager explained the specials and also informed us of the 2 for 1 cocktail offer available. The Bellini's were great.
The steak offer was too good to pass by so we opted for that. As it happened it was a good choice with 2x 8oz Rib eyes with a carafe of red wine for £30. The steaks just melted in the mouth and were of much better quality than one would expect with such an offer. We finished off with a beautiful piece of Pavalova to share. The staff were attentive without being overbearing.
Think this could be our new Friday night spot for us and our friends. Really impressed. Well done.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Was there with my family on Easter Sunday and it was the first time I had been there in over two years! The place was comfortable and really homely. The 3 course carvery option for £14.95 was excellent value and proved to be delicious. Our server talked us through how the carvery worked and was always on hand when we needed anything else. The staff in general were really friendly and made the day for us. The restaurant wasn't as busy as I was expecting, but I would definitely recommend to friends and will be back soon!

Reviewed April 14, 2012

The chunky chips were ok, but my wife's burger bun was very dry, and the burger itself was somewhat overcooked. My fish had very doughy batter, as if undercooked.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

I love this place! Great staff, great service and amazing food! Would recommend it to everyone looking a great dining experience no matter what the occasion! Cannot wait for my next visit!

Reviewed April 5, 2012

average service - very average food - but more than average prices - dim lighting means it is very difficult to read the menu!