“From fair to poor” 2 of 5 bubbles

The Elk Inn
Ranked #330 of 1,041 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Drinks, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A fun, friendly pub and kitchen located on the outskirts of Belfast. Family friendly upstairs in our lounge, providing great afternoon and evening menus with fantastic offers. Also warm rustic atmosphere downstairs in our public bar, especially when showing major sporting events!
Belfast, United Kingdom
“From fair to poor”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

Used to provide unimaginative but good value pub fare. After recent 'facelift' it now produces poor expensive imitations of higher class restaurants, with the poorest range of beers I have ever encountered in a pub. Avoid

2 Thank DACampton

“Poor all round”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2011

Popped in for dinner last week - could wright an essay on how bad it was, but to sum it up - Fish frozen on inside, chips still frozen on the inside, rare steak ordered and arrived like a bus tyre, poor staff.

2 Thank BorderlessScott
Belfast, United Kingdom
“No atmosphere, no clientele, and misleading advice from staff costs money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2011

My partner and I went here last week for a little light lunch. I just fancied the soup & sandwich, which is priced on the menu at 5.95. When I asked about this, I was told I could choose cold meat fillings such as ham or choose hot meat from the carvery. (AT NO TIME WAS EXTRA COST MENTIONED FOR HOT MEAT)
Upon time to pay, I was charged 3.95 for the soup and 5.95 for the sandwich,toal, almost £10! When I asked about this, I was told, that because I had ordered a sandwich from the carvery, it was two separate items and are charged accordingly.
WHAT A CON AND RIP OFF.
If this is how they try to make money, good luck, because there were only 3 tables for lunch that day, and after being conned that afternoon, I WON'T BE BACK.
I recommend you steer well clear too.

• Visited May 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GAWA75
N Ireland
“Dont even go”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2011

I ordered a steak sandwich with chips, out came half of a "bake it at home" roll. which was about 4 inches long, with meat strips in it, It was served with 7 oven chips and that was it.

My partner ordered a ribeye steak at £17.95, the plate came out with a steak that wasnt visable, as it had 3 onion rings stacked on top, along with a few oven chips, that was it.
No garnish, no salad, no thought.
I wont be going back, I could have made much nicer myself at home for a quarter of the price

• Visited April 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jojohanna
Holywood
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, speedy and friendly service, and very good value for money.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

My partner and I have eaten in the Elk on many occasions, and have never been disappointed with any aspect of our experience.
They usually have good value offers on meals for two.
I would recommend the Elk to anyone who has not been before.

Robert Connor