“A very, very average experience.”
Review of Hakka

Hakka
Ranked #416 of 1,096 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Bt2 8dy
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Went at lunch time and it was extremely quiet, lacked all atmosphere. Food came and it was fairly tasteless, half of which I left on the plate. My son ate most of his, but he was starving and like me found it to be just ok.

Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We were treated very badly by an older lady who works in Hakka. I'm not sure if she is the manager or not but when we made a small complaint about one of the dishes, she was very sharp and argumentative. Her behaviour was almost verging on aggressive.

Sorry Hakka but we won't be back as it made what was meant to be a pleasant family evening out, an uncomfortable dining experience.

1  Thank Aroundtheworld_ni
Reviewed December 13, 2012

My wife and I have eaten here many times and always enjoyed it, so a family member got us vouchers as a Christmas present. Firstly they were unwilling to give the change from the full voucher as another voucher (I didn't expect cash, just a credit even written on the back of the remaining vouchers I had) then to add insult to injury, the waitress came back with a Post Office receipt for £6 special delivery cost saying I owed the postage of the vouchers to the person who'd bought me them as a present! I refused to pay them anything more and left in disgust. We won't be back, which is such a shame as the food is great.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

My wife and I had lunch here after hearing good reports.

On arrival we were met by pleasant staff and shown to a table straight away. The décor is nice with comfortable seating. Our drinks order was taken and drinks delivered promptly.

We ordered our food and it arrived at the table within three minutes. I had curry which had an awful skin on it and the ingredients were not of great quality. My wife’s food was worse!! Everything seemed cheap and processed, very disappointing and would certainly not recommend.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

good food, good service, very reasonably priced and well worth a visit if you fancy some well cooked and tasty Chinese food. Its not gonna blow your socks off but sometimes simple is best! Plus, the salt and chilli ribs for starter are fantastic bites of deliciousness.