“Recommended”
Review of Thai Village

Thai Village
Ranked #130 of 1,113 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Golden Mile
Description: Authentic Thai Restaurant located on Belfast's Dublin Road
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Service: from the moment we went in the service was excellent. Tap water was delivered quickly (as it should be, but this isn't always the case in UK restaurants); an ice bucket was brought for the wine; the service was friendly and attentive but not hurried.

Food: very enjoyable, fresh, zesty, hot but not too hot. Good variety of dishes available.

Other: pleasant atmosphere, good value wine and drinks list. The food is also good value and I will certainly return here when I'm in the mood for Thai food in Belfast. Recommended.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I went to the Thai Village with my husband. The food was tasty and well-prepaired. I recommend that you take the mix of starters. It was really good. Food was enough spicy. The service was friendly and the price-quality ratio was good.

Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Not much to say really. Nice atmosphere and decor. The service was prompt and friendly and the food arrived nice and hot. What we both thought was that for the price the portions were small. The mixed starter for 2 was nice but not very inventive. The mains were tasty and my sea bass was enjoyable. All in all a nice Thai meal but nothing special. If asked I would probably try another thai when back in Belfast.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went on Saturday 17 Aug, it wasn't that busy. It was instantly obvious that the two girls serving in the front section were more interested in re-setting tables than serving ours. Once seated we waited 10 minutes, I had to draw their attention to order the wine, and ask for a wine cooler when we weren't given one. Satay starter was fine. Both main courses, a stir-fry and a green curry, were full of garlic, almost sickeningly so. Neither of us really enjoyed the meal and no one came near us to ask if everything was okay.
The long faces of the waiting staff put us on edge from the start, and the food was a real let down. We paid the bill and left and won't bother going back.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Love this restaurant every time in Belfast I go. The food is great and staff are friendly, polite and efficient.