“would have been great, had it not been for the staff!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Belfast
City Hub Apartments
Ranked #17 of 31 Specialty Lodging in Belfast
Kells, Ireland
“would have been great, had it not been for the staff!”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

We booked this hotel/apartment complex for a weekend in December through the NITB website. I was informed the next day by the hotel in a voicemail that they were overbooked and we would be staying there for one night, and then have to move for the second night. When I tried to ring to see what would happen, I could not get through on numerous occasions. Eventually I was talking to someone and they agreed to book us into somewhere new for the second night. We accepted as we had plans in Belfast and saw no alternative.
We then received a phone call the day before we were due to go to Belfast telling us that there was a cancellation and we would be staying for the two days, which we were very happy about. We were asked what time would we be arriving at, and when we said around two o'clock we were told that this was a very busy time and to come sometime between three and four.
When we arrived at a quarter to four, we were met in our car by one of the workers who told us he had to check someone else in and would be with us in about 10 to 15 minutes and we should wait in our car. We waited in the car outside the front door of the apartments, while 4 other groups arrived behind us. In the next 45 minutes, each of these groups were taken before us. When I asked the man working why they were going first, I was told that this was because they were here on time and we were not.
After 55 minutes he finally got around to give us the key for the car park and we asked to speak to a manager. We were met in the car park by the manager who dealt with us in a very aggressive and unhelpful manner. When we explained what had happened, she said that we were late and had not rung to say we were late. I did have a voicemail from them at 2.30 asking where I was, but I did not get it until after we had checked in when I looked at my phone. I explained that she herself had told me to come between 3 and 4pm on the phone yesterday and how we were left in our car for nearly an hour with no explanation, even though we were told it would only be ten to fifteen minutes. The man apologised for this and admitted he was wrong. The manager, however, asked us if we wanted to leave and go somewhere else. My wife explained that we wanted an apology and that this was far from a perfect start. We never received the apology from the manager and decided that further arguing would be futile.
The room itself was very nice, clean and well equipped. A lot of people live in these apartments so it is not just for holidays.
When we were checking out, we were told to leave the keys in the post box for our room. The post room is opened and closed by an electronc key, and the system was not working. We, along with around 12 other guests, were left wondering what to do with our keys. I tried ringing the number I had and after around 20 minutes of trying the manager answered. She told me to go to the garage and press a red button - which I did but all that did was open the garage door for the car park. I rang her back again - and on the third attempt she answered. She then told me to leave our keys in the apartment. We informed the other guests waiting of this - as they had also been trying to call her also, and left.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank uichonduibh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Londonderry
Reviewed March 17, 2012

we found the apartments very clean, quiet and secure. locaton was very good. Staff were very helpful and friendly and check in and out was hassle free. secure parking was an extra bonus. Will definately use them again and recommend them to friends. Anne and Mel

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2012

The environment is quite good and comfortable. And the equipment is sufficient. I really like the night view from the balcony..

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
bandon, county cork
Reviewed February 4, 2012

We spent a week at the Wellwood Street apartments and thoroughly recommend it. We were met on arrival and shown to a basement car-park and were then taken up to the apartment. The apartment had a fabulous view over the city. The amenities were excellent and it was warm, particularly important as we stayed during a cold spell in January.

I would definitely recommend the apartment as an excellent alternative to hotel accommodation. It had its own well-equipped kitchen with washing machine and dish washer, adjoining dining room/sitting room and free wireless internet. We chose a two bedroom apartment, one bedroom had its own shower, sink and loo and the second bedroom had the use of a bathroom with a shower over a bath. I didn't try the shower as I used the bath.

The apartment is very close to the centre of the city (the Europa hotel being just around the corner). There were plenty of grocery stores nearby and milk and bread was left for our arrival.
Positive points - very central, very secure, parking, internet, well equipped

Possible drawbacks
Parking for only one car (wasn't a problem for us and a gift given that it is located in central Belfast)
Only one entry key so you need to go downstairs to let people in (makes the accommodation very secure)
No washing powder or dishwasher tablets provided (a drawback for tourists from overseas)
No reception so you will need to arrive at an appointed hour (tricky if you are touring like us)
Tricky if the lift malfunctions. We did have to walk down 9 flights on one occasion.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KilbroganHouse
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed here for just one night. Patricia couldnt be any more helpful, taking time to tell us where to go for NYE. Bread and Milk were even left for us. Perfect location, no taxis were needed. Lovely views from apt and no hassle at all. Will be going back only here when staying in Belfast.

Room Tip: Ask for the wrap around balcony.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2011

lovely and clean, Dean explained everything to us in detail and was friendly and made us feel welcome!

Will stay again!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 14, 2011

These are terrific apartments in the centre of the City (very close to the Europa Hotel).

If you're only here for a couple of nights, they're the perfect base to explore Belfast, and probably a much better option than staying in a hotel chain if you're travelling with other people.

The apartment has good amenities, and is very clean.

We were welcomed into the apartment by Dean, who gave us our parking pass, and then escorted us from the car park to show us round our apartment. Excellent service.

In summary, a great base for exploring Belfast - especially if you're travelling in a group and want good value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up if you want good views of the mountains or city. If you're bringing mo...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends