“Best hostel I've ever stayed in!”
Review of Vagabonds

Vagabonds
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Book this hostel, you won't regret it! From the minute you walk in the door there is a friendly welcoming vibe in the place. It feels like a true home away from home, complete with great staff who like to make sure that the guests enjoy the amazing city that Belfast is, and won't hesitate to join everyone for a great night out at the local pubs. The hostel itself is a clean, beautiful, and amazingly decorated old building. It has everything you'd need in a hostel, a clean kitchen, comfortable common room, lots of space, lockers, lots of bathrooms, great rooms, and lots of friendly people! I had an amazing time at this hostel and I have absolutely nothing bad to say about it - best hostel I've ever stayed in!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Vagabonds

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Having been thrown out of Kate's B&B by a very rude and aggressive male host, Vagabond's was a wonderful contrast. The staff were all friendly, relaxed and hospitable. It was perfect - it looks really nice inside, there's a really relaxed atmosphere to the place, and it's very clean and well-organised. Really nice people - thanks.

Room Tip: It's all good - no need to worry about finding the best room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I stayed here for 4 days in May. I was the last to arrive for check-ins and the front desk was waiting for me. They were extremely nice. The one guy who checked me actually carried my bag up to my room and gave me a tour. The hostel was very clean and secure, I actually found it very hard to open the main door just because of how heavy it is. There is a lot of partying at night but I was on the third floor so that really didn't bother me. Overall this was a great place to stay in Belfast and it was easy to find.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Very very relax hostel! would be a great place for people looking for a place to stay for a few weeks. every one was super friendly and welcome, we just didnt like the bed and the pillows were more than a bit lumpy

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I have always been a bit wary of hostels after a few bad experiences but my faith is well and truly restored after my stay at Vagabonds! I cannot express how friendly and welcoming all of the staff are who completely made our stay in Belfast a memorable one that we will never forget.
I travelled in a group of 5 to celebrate a 21st birthday and we had no idea what to expect as we rolled up at 7.00am to be welcomed and handed a city map and given a safe place to store our bags until our dormitory was ready.
Vagabonds is uniquely decorated with an array of unusual framed pictures and photographs coupled with quirky furniture like 2 theatre chairs in one of the hallways and road signs on the walls. The bathrooms are modern and extremely fresh and clean with plenty of hot water in the mornings and evenings.
Our favourite part of the trip was the evenings when we rolled into the lounge and eating area to be invited to sit and join the staff and guests for a few drinks and to share a few stories.
We would just like to thank Frank and all of the staff at Vagabonds for quite possibly the best City break we have ever had!

Much love from Manchester (Laura, Heather, Dannii, Lui & Abby) xx

Room Tip: For girls in groups of less than 6 - room 5 is perfect and close to 2 shower rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2014

When we checked in, everyone thought it was weird that we were staying in Belfast for seven days. Then, seven days later, everyone had changed their plans to stay longer.

The Good:
- Staff is incredibly friendly and welcoming. They really make you feel like family
- Hostel is beautiful and filled with art
- The bathrooms are AWESOME. They're nicer than most people's home bathrooms.
- Breakfast is great! There's one big table and everyone sits and meets, and usually you hang out here the whole time.
- Everyone hangs out. You don't even really need to go out because everyone has such a good time. We still keep in contact with everyone we met!
- Location: there's a ton of restaurants and bars nearby. Boojum burritos... oh my god.
- So clean. The staff cleans every day and they do a great job. Everything is spotless!

The Bad:
- I had to go back to real life after staying here

I love hostels, but after staying at Vagabonds, I don't ever want to stay at a hotel. I don't have a single even kind of sorta bad thing to say. It was an absolutely perfect stay!

Room Tip: Pick the twelve bed dorm and introduce yourself!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2014

What I meant by the title is this: the reception was really just a small booth in one of the common areas; the staff seem like just another traveller and are ready to just chill out and have a chat with you; the entire setting felt more like a huge group of like-minded people renting a building to live in.
I was only there for one night, but I am definitely going back! In addition, Belfast was one of the nicest cities I've been!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends