“Great place with lots of Atmosphere.” 5 of 5 bubbles

Molly's Yard
Ranked #16 of 1,040 Restaurants in Belfast
Cuisines: Irish, European, British
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great place with lots of Atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

This place gets good reviews so thought we'd try it out. We were not disappointed. You enter through a yard with tables downstairs and upstairs. We were shown upstairs. The atmosphere is special the service is slick and the food is excellent. Good choice too and the blackboard choices for wines,food and whiskey is worth noting and in my case found a great Irish Whiskey!
Highly recommend.

Visited March 2014

Belfast, United Kingdom
“A real surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014

Mollys yard was recommended to me by a friend, it was valentines night and went along not really much expectation based on previous restaurant outings in belfast which for the most part are factory line microwave veg and frozen chip get in get out style.
I was surpised how much I liked the feel and atmosphere of the place, it feels out of the city' even though its very central to the botanic area, the staff were friendly and took us to our tables, we were advised if the tasting menu on that night and I liked the idea of it albeit a little apprehensive as im not much of a foodie..

The food was amazing, possibly the best meal ive had in the city. Each dish worked very well with the next and all in all genuinely surprised and happy with the night. ... will definitely be back!!!!

Belfast, United Kingdom
“Best Of It's Kind”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2014

I was at another reunion last weekend, this time in south Belfast.

I was joined by an old pal and we got a cab to Molly's Yard, that celebrated dining establishment which is also renowned for its micro-brewery and fine ales.

I had reserved at table for 6pm, which allowed us plenty of time to dine before the Reunion began at about seven-thirty.

I have to admit to a fondness for Molly's. It's quite an intimate restaurant, especially downstairs in the less formal dining-room, which has a bar for patrons.

On this occasion, we ate upstairs. We were the first to arrive, though the room filled up remarkably swiftly thereafter.

Al though we were offered the wine-list, we decided to opt for a premium gin, viz. Monkey 47 blend, which I'd never sampled before.

It costs about £8 for a measure (35ml in Ulster).

The staff are very convivial, prompt, enthusiastic and eager to please.

The first starter to catch my beady eye was the Seared, hand dived, scallops with crispy Clonakilty black pudding and celeriac & almond purée, which I ordered.

My chum had the Confit duck leg with red cabbage and finished with a vanilla jus.

My scallops were simply divine, with a bite like a marshmallow. They were surrounded by a luxuriously silky sauce.

The black pudding complemented it impeccably. What a great culinary partnership.

We both ordered the Smoked sea bass with lemon roast baby potatoes, wilted spinach and a dill bacon and cockle velouté as the main course, with a side order of Buttery Mash.

This course comprised two fine fillets of fish surrounded by the vegetables and yet another exquisite sauce.

Sea bass truly is a noble fish.

We both decided that we were now gastronomically satisfied enough for coffee; not ordinary coffee, though.

Molly’s Cup ~ a blend of Amaretto and Cointreau with Jameson’s whiskey and coffee, topped with fresh cream.

It's sweet and sublime.

I relished it, as was the case the entire evening.

Our bill was somewhat inflated by the drinks bill, hence the balance of £102.

Molly's, however, is an extraordinary and special establishment, dare I say the best of its kind in the city of Belfast and beyond.

I look forward to my next visit which, I hope, shall be soon.

Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“A nice pleasant evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Michele and I were looking for an early evening meal as we had friends coming over later, we tried a couple of our favourite restaurants which could not fit us in, so I looked through trip advisor and saw molly's yard. I had always wanted to try it because I had heard good reviews about it. to shorten the story we were met by James our server who was very pleasant informative and chatty without being intrusive through the evening. The food was nice not pretentious but good bistro food cooked and presented well. definitely worth a visit we will hopefully be back soon.

Limavady, United Kingdom
“A wee joy!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

The Queen's Film Theatre, of which we are members) has a deal arranged with a couple of local restaurants. This is one if them and was the cause for our first ever visit. We will be back. A small eating area downstairs with five or six tables, with a larger room upstairs. Very cosy, friendly atmosphere. The pre-theatre deal (5-7pm, £15 for two courses, £17 for three) is both excellent value and great food. Many innovative touches such as mixing the chorizo with the mashed potato.Staff are excellent and willing to spend time with the customers.

• Visited January 2014