“Good Location,Excellent Value”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed January 27, 2011

This Hotel is ideally located in the City Centre, the rooms were spotless, staff friendly , breakfast was served until 12 noon for late risers, car park facilities were available across from the hotel for £5 a night which was good value, again clean, convienent and staff were friendly.

1  Thank tjb64
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2011

Dear TJB64,
Thank you for your positive comments, I will share them with the team. We hope we get the oppertunity to welcome you back in the near future. Kindest Regards, Gaby Palazzini, General Manager.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,736)

Reviewed January 26, 2011

1  Thank JohnnyL

A TripAdvisor Member
Morecambe
Reviewed January 25, 2011

The Ibis offered a good location for the city centre and no frills value for money hotel-ideal for a short stay on a budget.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some cooments, myself and the team are glad you had an enjoyable stay with us, we hope to welcome you back soon. kindest Regards Gaby Palazzini, General Manager.

Reviewed January 24, 2011

Excellent, convenient hotel - over for the Biarritz rugby against Ulster.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2011

Dear AnglaisB,
Thank you for takign the time to leave us some comments, we hope to see you back soon. Kindest Regards, Gaby Palazzini, General Manager.

A TripAdvisor Member
Plymouth, Devon
Reviewed January 24, 2011

This hotel is a real plus for anyone with a dust allergy as rooms have laminate flooring. Very clean and functional with a nice friendly atmosphere! The area is a bit seedy, but its only a few minutes walk into the centre of town. Recommend it!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo

Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Gaby Palazzini, General Manager.

Reviewed January 22, 2011

Only 5 minutes walk from the Grand Opera House/Europa/Crown NT pub and the same from Donegall Square. Closer still to the Castle [shopping] Centre. 10 or 15 minutes walk to the Cathedral Quarter.

150 yards around the corner in Berry Street, towards the Castle Centre, is a true Irish pub, Madden's, with live traditional music every night from 9pm. Plenty of taxis outside the hotel if going further afield: West Belfast Taxi Association main office is along the street.

Cheery and efficient check-in: we were early and had intended just to drop off our bags but the room was ready and was offered. Similar efficiency and bright positive desk staff at checkout (checkout time is noon).

I have never been in such a clean hotel! Well done Team Ibis. The room was modern and minimalist - everything one needs but no silly minibar, useless stationery or non-eco-friendly miniature bottles of shampoo and the like; dispensers of good quality shampoo and soap instead. The lighting and heating controls were clear and easy to use and worked well. TV had 30 or so channels plus radio stations. Wifi etc available.

The en-suite bathroom was a modern "pod" with a gleaming white interior. Small but effective. Excellent shower (no bath) both in terms of temperature control and power, plus plenty of elbow room. Well done the designer. Bath towels marginally smaller than I prefer but those and the hand towels all clean and soft. No face flannels provided.

Beds just as I like them but could be thought firm by some. Duvets provided - didn't enquire about blankets etc. Room absolutely quiet despite the city centre location, though our room was rear-facing so had no view. Excellent nights' sleep.

We didn't try the hotel bar or the restaurant (breakfast is available from 4am) but they looked good and the menus appeared limited but very reasonable. There are many cafes and restaurants of all standards within 5 minutes walk. When we used all the tea (Tetley teabags) and coffee (Nescafe Instant) in the room, more were provided within minutes of asking.

We paid £45 per room per night. A city centre hotel of superb value and convenience. We shall use this Ibis again.

1  Thank TonyIOM

Dear TonyIOM,
Many thanks for your comments, I do hope we get the oppertunity to welcome you back at some point. Kindest Regards, Gaby Palazzini, General Manager.

Reviewed January 16, 2011

I checked booking.com at 11:50pm on Saturday the 15th January .It showed the hotel had at least 5 rooms I didnt book at the time . less that an hour later I arrived at the hotel where I was told by the staff they had no rooms .I thought it was unlikely a hotel would have sold out .I stood outside and phoned the hotel.I noted the flashing sign outside indicate it was full . I was put through to a call centre where I was able to book a room .
I have no idea why they lie and claim to have no rooms when they do .I entered the hotel and found my booking was on there system .I was given room 410 .A nice room no noise from the street or hotel .Breakfast was a total disapointment .Hot food available ,scrambled egg ,bacon ,sausages and beans .I didnt try the beans but the bacon ,eggs and sausages where freezing cold .I did tell the staff .My tip is ,dont stay here . There are lots of hotels charging the same amount with better service .

1  Thank Irishpup

Dear Irishpub,
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter. Kind Regards, Gaby Palazzini, General Manager.