“No room at the inn .”

Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Belfast
Ireland
“No room at the inn .”
Reviewed January 16, 2011

I checked booking.com at 11:50pm on Saturday the 15th January .It showed the hotel had at least 5 rooms I didnt book at the time . less that an hour later I arrived at the hotel where I was told by the staff they had no rooms .I thought it was unlikely a hotel would have sold out .I stood outside and phoned the hotel.I noted the flashing sign outside indicate it was full . I was put through to a call centre where I was able to book a room .
I have no idea why they lie and claim to have no rooms when they do .I entered the hotel and found my booking was on there system .I was given room 410 .A nice room no noise from the street or hotel .Breakfast was a total disapointment .Hot food available ,scrambled egg ,bacon ,sausages and beans .I didnt try the beans but the bacon ,eggs and sausages where freezing cold .I did tell the staff .My tip is ,dont stay here . There are lots of hotels charging the same amount with better service .

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Irishpup
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, January 27, 2011
Dear Irishpub,
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter. Kind Regards, Gaby Palazzini, General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2010

Stayed for one night. Is right in the huib of the entertainment/food area, so many pubs and restaurants nearby. Excellent! Plus the train station is 5 mins round the corner.
Hotel room was very modern, but it should be, it's only opened recently.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
ibisbcc, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, January 18, 2011
Dear GAWA75,
So glad you had an enjoyable time at the Ibis Belfast City Centre! We very much appreciate the feedback and we hope to see you again soon. Kind regards, Gaby Palazzini, General Manager.
Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 13, 2010

We stayed here in May 2010, I will keep the review simple.
5 - 10 Minutes walk out of the city centre MAXIUMUM. Very modern, very clean, great staff, great restaurant. Was by far the cheapest in price for location too.
Would definately reccommend.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear Andy17898,
Many thanks for the review. We always welcome feedback and my team and I are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope we can be part of your future travel plans. Kind regards, Gaby Palazzini, General Manager.
Leeds
Reviewed December 7, 2010

At £50 a night for a capital city hotel it's great value. All the staff we had anything to do with were very nice and helpful. My only comment (rather than complaint) was the "large" towels are a little on the small side in that they don't go around an above average waist. Belfast is a great city to visit and I'll definately be back. Can think of no reason (other than price) why it wouldn't be to stay at the Ibis.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Dear TykeMunki,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments, The team and I really appreciate your positive feedback and we hope to get the opertunity to welcome you back to the Ibis Belfast City Centre. Kind Regards, Gaby Palazzini General Manager.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Stayed here for one night in November. Was told check in was 12 but when arrived was informed that it was actually 2 even though I had my email in hand to prove that it was 12. We were told to leave our bags down an alley next to some toilets. When we came back at 2 our rooms still weren't ready and no one even tried to explain why we were just left standing there while other people were given rooms. When we eventually got a room ours smelled like cigarette smoke. Hotel is in a great location, however staff were so unfriendly I would not recommended it to a friend.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Dear Littlemizz101,
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, Kind regards, Gaby Palazzini, General Manager.