Tripadvisor
Belfast
2,306 results
All reviews castle street city centre air con car park bus station within walking distance short stay stayed for nights would stay again hotel is in a great location twin room room was spotless titanic museum reception staff comfy bed castlecourt pubs
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We always stay at the ibis Belfast City. Reception staff are very friendly and welcoming. Rooms are extremely clean alongside warm cosy beds. Breakfast is definitely value for money and tasty.

Thank you Ibis Belfast for allocating us with the room we selected prior to our arrival ,

Definitely returning

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
FrankieMcDonald, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear susanhN7524KR,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for leaving us this outstanding 5 STAR review.

I am delighted to see we are your regular choise when staying in Belfast -this, as a hotel is the best compliment we can hope to receive. Our team at the hotel do take pride in making our guests feel welcome and being as friendly as possible to ensure everyone who stays with us feels at home from the minute they arrive to the minute they leave.

The housekeeping manager was also thrilled to see that you found the rooms to be extremely clean as the housekeepers work so hard behind the scenes to ensure we maintain the level of cleanliness that our guests deserve.

We can't wait to welcome you back to the hotel again -remember to sign up free of charge to the Accor loyalty membership scheme to avail of the exclusive members discounts and various other perks and privileges when booking directly through the Accor website, (not just in our hotel but every Accor hotel worldwide)

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor.

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Our room was adequate as a place to sleep. Breakfast was good and the dining area was clean. Staff were very helpful and the hotel was close to the city centre, but allowed easy access to leave the city as well. One down-side was the parking. It was difficult to negotiate for people visiting Belfast for the 1st time.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear philgrebert,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor.

I am pleased to see you enjoyed your breakfast and found the dining area to be well maintained, we do indeed have a dedicated food and beverage team alongside the breakfast chef who ensure each morning that the food is well restocked and replenished to ensure maximum freshness as well as ensuring the dining area is cleaned regularly so our guests can enjoy their meal in a clean environment.

Its also good to see you were impressed by our central location -I am however sorry to see you were unimpressed by the parking facilities we have at the hotel, Unfortunately due to our location we are unable to have onsite car parking, we do however have the heavily discounted guest rate with the Tannery building car park just above the Iceland supermarket facing the hotel, we understand this can be confusing with guests therefore we do send emails with instructions and directions to guests personal email addresses, those who book with third party websites such as booking.com like yourself receive a private message from the hotel on their booking.com account with parking instructions prior to arrival in an attempt to make this a little less confusing, As well as this we have signage at the reception desk and a team who are happy to come outside the building and show you where to park if needed.

Overall I am happy to see you enjoyed your time at the hotel and I hope this means you will be returning to us again soon.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us on Tripadvisor,

Reviewed January 19, 2020

Surprisingly quiet hotel although even numbered rooms overlook a pub. Friendly staff allowed us to leave our suitcase overnight as we were staying 4 nights out of 5 with one night away. Short walk from Europa bus station.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear OnAir275528,

I am pleased to see you found our hotel to be quiet, our aim is to always ensure our guests have a hassle free, peaceful evening with us. Its also great to see you found the team here at the hotel to be friendly -I am delighted to see you found our team to be helpful and friendly. We at the hotel understand how important our interaction with a guest is when contributing to their overall experience so I am delighted we helped to make yours such a pleasant one.

We are indeed located just a 5 minute straight walk to the Great Victoria street bus and train station which is handy for our guests who are arriving into the station as it means they dont have to walk through endless streets dragging heavy cases behind them.

Overall I am thrilled to see your experience with us was such a pleasant one and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us.

Reviewed January 15, 2020

Checkin was very smooth snd easy. Lady at reception (sorry forgot her name) was extremely helpful. room was as expected and quiet. was able to avail of the late check out which helped immensely. perfect location and excellent value.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear jr20202020,

I am delighted to see you found our check in process to be smooth and hassle free, our team at the hotel are aware that our guests are wanting to get checked in and into their rooms so they can get out and explore our vibrant city -we always ensure we keep the process efficient yet effective.

Its also great to see you found our receptionist to be helpful and the room to be nice and quiet, nothing is more important in a hotel than a great nights peaceful sleep. Im glad to see you were able to avail of the late 2pm checkout, one of the many perks of our Accor Live Limitless loyalty membership.

Overall I am pleased you had such a pleasant stay with us and hope this means you will be returning again soon -

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us on tripadvisor.

Reviewed January 14, 2020

Minimum facilities, quite cabin style, room very basic, however comfortable and clean. Some reception staff would benefit from retraining, in courtesy and friendliness. Quite a good choice for breakfast. Location is excellent.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
FrankieMcDonald, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2020

Hi betsey1977,

Firstly I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

I would like to apologise that you felt our team members were not as friendly and courteous as our guests deserve, This is definitely not the feedback we at the hotel want to hear back from our guests, as you can see from our many previous reviews our team is the biggest asset we have to the hotel. I would be grateful if you could get in contact with me directly on h7232-dm@accor.com or 02890238888 as I would love the opportunity to discuss your experience with us in further detail to find out what went wrong and to ensure it doesn't happen again.

On a brighter note I am pleased to see you were impressed by the breakfast choice we have on offer and the location of the hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us and I really hope to have the opportunity to speak with you soon.