“i liked it”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #20 of 45 Hotels in Belfast

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Stoke-on-Trent
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Ibis hotels are budget hotels so you know what to expect clean, comfy not much else. But this hotel is let down by lots of little things.

144 rooms and only one receptionist (who has to cover the bar as well)

It also claims free parking but it is in the multistorey over the road and needs a complicated system of vouchers, like the wifi which needs vouchers. The food is lousy. Really I would expect better from an Ibis

Quite cheap but it has to be.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience saying with us at ibis City Centre Belfast. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. We are looking into the matter, but feel free to contact me on 02890238888 or email me on h7232-gm@accor.com to discuss this further.
Kind regards,
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Nice enough hotel but improvements need to be done the bathroom was stopless and the bedroom appart from marks on the wall under the window were someone had spilled drink all it needed was a wipe with a cloth don't no why it wasn't done as the rest was spotless. The room was very hot and the air con didn't work I got no sleep all night with the heat and the window only opened about an inch which was looking into a block of flats. Barstaff were helpful when we asked for anything we got it cant say anything bad about them overall not a bad stay if the air con was working I would stay again its a great location and nice hotel

• Stayed September 2013
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review through trip advisor regarding your recent stay at ibis Belfast City Centre.
Overall I am pleased to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I have taken note of your comments and can assure you that we have already taken action on your concerns.
we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2013

Stayed at the Ibis hotel in September as part of a ' Newmarket ' holiday package. The hotel together with the rooms and restaurant were clean and functional. The bedroom allocated had twin beds which were comfortable, very basic furniture, no wardrobe only open shelves. little drawer space, so everything was kept within your suitcase.

The space age bathroom unit on the whole worked well. However, the bedroom had no iron and the small window overlooked a courtyard serving a large block of high rise flats. Food served was acceptable without exceeding expectations ! Dined one night opposite at the Folklore restaurant ( Great fare - exceptional value ).

During our short stay we found the staff to be attentive and well mannered. Would consider utilising this hotel again for a short Belfast visit but would prefer a bedroom facing the main street.

Room Tip: Book a bedroom on the hotel frontage.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest.

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent stay at Ibis Belfast City Centre. We do appreciate the New Market group bringing a very good variant of guests to our hotel every year and I am very pleased to see your positive comments.
We do look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

My opinion of this hotel is that it is extremely badly run. We found the reception day staff very rude ,unhelpful and unprofessional. Although found night staff helpful and friendly. The heat was unbelievable and AC in rooms blows out hot air. One tiny window in the room that overlooked a high rise of flats and only opened an inch so could not open curtain. Very disappointed at not having something as basic as a bin or iron in the room. Bedding showed wear and tear with some holes and bathroom questionable. I am extremely grateful that the other 12 ladies and I had only booked in for one nights stay. I can safely say we will not be staying here again anytime soon.

Room Tip: Request a room not over looking the high rise flat blocks and make sure you are comfortable with the...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am however disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your recent stay at Ibis Belfast City Centre.
As a city centre hotel we do offer a great deal for a variety of guests, from groups to families with small children.
We have to consider the needs of all our guests therefore we do not accept any lewd entertainment including strippers into the hotel. I am very disappointed to see that you found the staff rude and offensive when they declined to allow your stripper into the hotel. I can assure you that they were just doing their job, respecting all our other guests including those with young children.
I do agree that on the night your group stayed with us it was unusually hot in Belfast, for this time of year, but I do believe that once staff were notified fans were provided. Amenities such as irons and Ironing boards are provide upon request.
I agree that when it comes to a choice of hotels, there are a lot of options in Belfast and I sincerely hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Service was shocking. Day staff looked customers up and down and was giving dirty looks. Went as part of a hen do as was recommend from previous hen do. 13 working ladies and mums just out for a good night. Room had no bin iron or basic amenities. Bathroom was like a airplane toilet. Bedding had wholes in it. Heating was on and not one of the ladies were able to have a comfortable night sleep. When questioned about the air conditioning the staff said leave it 20mins abruptly and was not apologetic at all then hung up the phone. You couldn't open your curtains there was flats outside with people screaming all night long. Windows were useless as it opened an inch. When speaking to the night staff they were lovely and apologised but the next morning the service was not pleasant again. Please also be aware if you are going on a stag or hen and like us booked with a debit or cash you have to be prepared to have your photo ID and £50 deposit. Never seen this before all the ladies were sensible about not taking cards incase of over spending so only had cash this could have completely ruined the night for some of the ladies if one if our group had not had a credit card to hold on their system. This is not a good advert for Northern Ireland!

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Guest,

Your comment mentioned that we were recommended by another hen party, this proves our commitment of guanine customer service to all types of guests.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel last night as part of a hen party! We were welcomed by a sore bake called Jeanette on reception who I think personally SHOULD NOT work with the public,on every occasion we've dealt with her she was ignorant..

The room was lovely, it would have been better if the air conditioning worked.. it was so warm that I couldn't get comfortable or sleep!! The views outside were horrific.. definitely NOT WORTH 70£

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I do agree that on the night your group stayed with us it was usually warm in Belfast, for this time of year, but I do believe that after you notified staff you were provided with fans.