“No thrills hotel.”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #20 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
“No thrills hotel.”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Service was shocking. Day staff looked customers up and down and was giving dirty looks. Went as part of a hen do as was recommend from previous hen do. 13 working ladies and mums just out for a good night. Room had no bin iron or basic amenities. Bathroom was like a airplane toilet. Bedding had wholes in it. Heating was on and not one of the ladies were able to have a comfortable night sleep. When questioned about the air conditioning the staff said leave it 20mins abruptly and was not apologetic at all then hung up the phone. You couldn't open your curtains there was flats outside with people screaming all night long. Windows were useless as it opened an inch. When speaking to the night staff they were lovely and apologised but the next morning the service was not pleasant again. Please also be aware if you are going on a stag or hen and like us booked with a debit or cash you have to be prepared to have your photo ID and £50 deposit. Never seen this before all the ladies were sensible about not taking cards incase of over spending so only had cash this could have completely ruined the night for some of the ladies if one if our group had not had a credit card to hold on their system. This is not a good advert for Northern Ireland!

• Stayed September 2013
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I am however disappointed to see that you did not enjoy your recent stay at Ibis Belfast City Centre.
As a city centre hotel we do offer a great deal for a variety of guests, from groups to families with small children.
We have to consider the needs of all our guests therefore we do not accept any lewd entertainment including strippers into the hotel. I am very disappointed to see that you found the staff rude and offensive when they declined to allow your stripper into the hotel. I can assure you that they were just doing their job, respecting all our other guests including those with young children.
Your comment mentioned that we were recommended by another hen party, this proves our commitment of guanine customer service to all types of guests.

I agree that when it comes to a choice of hotels, there are a lot of options in Belfast and I sincerely hope that you choose to stay with us again.

Vikrant Tyagi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel last night as part of a hen party! We were welcomed by a sore bake called Jeanette on reception who I think personally SHOULD NOT work with the public,on every occasion we've dealt with her she was ignorant..

The room was lovely, it would have been better if the air conditioning worked.. it was so warm that I couldn't get comfortable or sleep!! The views outside were horrific.. definitely NOT WORTH 70£

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I do agree that on the night your group stayed with us it was usually warm in Belfast, for this time of year, but I do believe that after you notified staff you were provided with fans.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I loved this hotel one of the best places I have ever stayed, We had a twin room on the second floor and we stayed in the week for one night. we slept great apart from forgetting the nice comfy pillows on the shelf which I didnt see. The staff was friendly and very helpful I paid by card so didnt need to pay a deposit of £50.The room was spotless lovely and clean and full of a few things we had forgot. Also we had dinner in the resturant and a few drinks the food was amazing better than eatting in a 5* resturant and the portions were big we didnt go hungry plus service was quick. Overall its a perfect hotel slap bang in the city centre within walking reach of everything with the bus station down the road and a taxi bank outside the hotel. I loved it would stay there again and can't recommend it enough :D

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gemma L
Dear Gemma,

Many thanks for such a positive review. I am delighted to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your recent stay with us at Ibis Belfast City Centre. I will pass our your comments to our team who I who will be delighted.
We do hope you return in the near future.

Derry, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

my husband and I stayed in this hotel a few weeks ago.we arrived around 3pm.when we arrived we waited 15 mins to be checked inn.after waiting we got checked in no smiles no information.just told our room no.when we arrived at our hotel room.it was dirty and I mean dirty,I have photos which I will post.My husband went down to reception while I waited.He returned with a new key for a different room.when we checked into it,guess what?????dirty again!!!!!!!.Again my husband went to reception and again went to a different room,so third room and guest what???dirty again,this time not as bad as previous,so we decided to stay as it had nearly take an hour already and we were tired.Though I must add we stayed in this hotel around 5 months ago and our room was spotless.So I dont know what the issue is unless my comments later explain the reason for the filthy hotel and uncaring hotel staff.
That night we went for dinner,got back late,went straight to bed.my husband wanted breakfast so for handiness sake we said we would have breakfast in the hotel.What a mistake''''' Breakfast was a mess no staff to be seen.food had either run out or been dried up.
My husband not being usually a complainer,but thought after the night befores fiasco and now this,that he would speak with the manager.he asked for a manager it was a lady called All or something.he explained the propblem,she apologised and said yeah we are having some issues with housekeeping???? so they know they have issues.my husband asked so why are you not resolving it?she replied well its nort really my job im trying to but my general manager doesnt help me much,and to be honest hes never here.maybe this is the issue with the ibis there is defiently a lack of control.and i;m sure an absent manager doesnt help

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
I’m so sorry that you were disappointed by your experience staying with us at Ibis City Centre, Belfast. I appreciate the feedback and rest assured that we take all comments very seriously. With the information provided with your review, i.e. your name etc I am finding it very difficult to locate the booking details of your stay. In order to investigate your comments I would be very grateful if you could email me the reservation details and photos you mention in your comments to h7232-gm@accor.com

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed September 25, 2013

great location for all the shops and attarations in the city. and would recommend this hotel to my friends and will use it if we travel to Belfast again. if this is what all Ibis Hotels are like we will use them again where ever we travel

James

Room Tip: top floor had a good view and lovely and quiet
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear James,

Many thanks for your review. I am very pleased to see that you enjoyed your recent stay at Ibis Belfast City Centre and that our location was ideal for your visit.
Thank you also for your recommendation and also for the whole Ibis Group.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind Regards

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Stayed in Ibis one night and it was in a great location, close to all bars and restaurants, although we ate in the hotel, the food is very nice!

Staff are very friendly and helpful, on arrival we had a problem as my booking was not coming up on the system, but this was easily fixed and without hassle!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad to see that overall you enjoyed your stay with us at ibis Belfast city centre. I do apologise for the inconvenience caused due to the booking not in system. I am happy to see that it was resolved to your satisfaction.
We do hope that you choose to stay with us again on your next visit to Belfast.