“Short Stay at the Ibis”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Belfast
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We stayed at the Ibis for 3 nights it a nice clean friendly little hotel and the Staff could not do enough for you and it was within easy reach of all the places we wanted to visit and we enjoyed our stay the only thing i would say was we were on floor four and because we were on the uneven numbers side we had a dark room due to overlooking a block of flats that was my only bad point but apart from that it was good value; would stay again if we came back to Belfast.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the even number side as you will get a better view and there is a lovely restauran...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Worldwidetraveller64,

My team and I very much appreciate your kind words, and are glad to have been a part of your visit to Belfast. Please note that when making a future reservation (contact us directly on (0044) 02890238888)), inform reservations that you wish to have a room with an even number and we will try our best to allocate this.
We look forward to welcoming you back here at Ibis Belfast City Centre.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Belfast City Centre

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed here in December 2012 with my partner.
Hotel staff were friendly and helpful, offering information prior to our trip even.
Location was great.
Room was as expected, clean and comfy. Breakfast was great.
I would certainly recommend and would return if ever in Belfast again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HerliS81

Dear HerliS81,

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at Ibis Belfast City Centre.
We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Located very centrally and of a decent standard - much like all the Ibis hotels.

The breakfast is utter rubbish. There are several places within 100m in which you can get a breakfast with real coffee and bacon that doesn't taste of shoe leather for less than half.

What really gets me about this hotel, though, is 2 things:
1) The cleaning staff, despite the signs on the walls telling you to save trees & water if you put your towel on the rail, change your towel any way. It's so done that I can't believe it's a decision by the individual.
2) For some reason, the cleaning staff left my window open. It was 4 degrees outside. And raining (this is Belfast, after all). The heater took absolutely days to get sorted.

Stay here. Just don't eat the breakfast. And don't bother about the broken bits all over the room. Ask them not to bother cleaning, in fact. That's my plan for the next time. h

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank glensm

Dear Glensm,

Many thanks for your comments. We appreciate all feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. I am saddened to see that there were aspects of your stay that you found lacking. Please be assured that I will look into the points your raised personally, and in the meantime, I hope we can welcome you back to Ibis Belfast City Centre very soon.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at the Ibis belfast. First time to belfast. Hotel was great value for money. Staff on reception was first class always very helpful and took time to talk. Made us very welcome. Location was 2 minutes walk to the castle shopping centre also only 5 minutes walk to city centre. Felt very safe would use hotel again. Buffet breakfast was very plentiful and good value.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank tim126

Dear Tim126,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your recent stay with us. Our staff work hard to ensure our guests have a relaxing and pleasant stay, and will be thrilled to hear your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back at your next stay with us.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just wanted to put up a quick review saying how friendly and accommodating the staff at this hotel are, especially Stephanie and the lovely girl who lost her name badge on her first day, so I can't remember! Can highly recommend! They went above and beyond for me. Thanks ladies! :-)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank 5emilydd

Dear 5emilydd,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. As a customer service focused hotel I am very pleased to see that our staff were able to be of assistance. I will pass on your thanks to the girls, who I know will be chuffed.
We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Room - clean, bed comfortable, usual facilities TV & tea/coffee
Staff - friendly & helpful
Medical advice - NHS Out of hours phone number not easy to find

This is my review finished, it seems unreasonable to insist that I write 200 characters

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Christine1948_13

Dear Christine1948_13,

Many thanks for your comments. I am glad to see that you were pleased with our hotel, staff and facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to belfast.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had a 2 night stay in Ibis Hotel over the Easter period, this was my first visit to an Ibis hotel. Firstly I was impressed with the location as it was very easy to drive to and has excellent car parking just across the road which was free of charge. First impression was I thought it a bit strange that Reception Desk is part of the bar. Reception staff were very friendly and even though I arrived at 11.30am I was able to check in straight away and I was given good directions on how to get to get to main shopping area etc. Castlecourt shopping centre is only a 2 minute walk away so very convenient.
Room was nice and clean, beds were comfortable, bathroom was a bit on the small side however shower was very good, no shampoo provided so I had to make a trip out to purchase some. I had a child staying with me and we were at the end of a corridor so it was nice and quiet and we both slept very well. Breakfast was good and a wide range of tastes were catered for. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a city centre location and basic accommodation. Will use this hotel again.

4  Thank Sunburnt O

Dear Sunburnt O,

We here at Ibis Belfast City Centre are deighted to see that your stay to our hotel was a good one, and that our location, facilities, rooms and staff met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Belfast.

Kind regards,