“Ibis belfast”

Ibis Belfast City Centre
Ranked #20 of 43 Hotels in Belfast
“Ibis belfast”
Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This was our first stay at the Ibis belfast. First time to belfast. Hotel was great value for money. Staff on reception was first class always very helpful and took time to talk. Made us very welcome. Location was 2 minutes walk to the castle shopping centre also only 5 minutes walk to city centre. Felt very safe would use hotel again. Buffet breakfast was very plentiful and good value.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank tim126
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Tim126,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review from your recent stay with us. Our staff work hard to ensure our guests have a relaxing and pleasant stay, and will be thrilled to hear your comments. We look forward to welcoming you back at your next stay with us.

Kind Regards,

Vikrant Tyagi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just wanted to put up a quick review saying how friendly and accommodating the staff at this hotel are, especially Stephanie and the lovely girl who lost her name badge on her first day, so I can't remember! Can highly recommend! They went above and beyond for me. Thanks ladies! :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 5emilydd
Dear 5emilydd,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a positive review. As a customer service focused hotel I am very pleased to see that our staff were able to be of assistance. I will pass on your thanks to the girls, who I know will be chuffed.
We do hope to see you again in the near future.

Kind Regards

Dumfries, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Room - clean, bed comfortable, usual facilities TV & tea/coffee
Staff - friendly & helpful
Medical advice - NHS Out of hours phone number not easy to find

This is my review finished, it seems unreasonable to insist that I write 200 characters

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank Christine1948_13
Dear Christine1948_13,

Many thanks for your comments. I am glad to see that you were pleased with our hotel, staff and facilities.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to belfast.

Kind Regards

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I had a 2 night stay in Ibis Hotel over the Easter period, this was my first visit to an Ibis hotel. Firstly I was impressed with the location as it was very easy to drive to and has excellent car parking just across the road which was free of charge. First impression was I thought it a bit strange that Reception Desk is part of the bar. Reception staff were very friendly and even though I arrived at 11.30am I was able to check in straight away and I was given good directions on how to get to get to main shopping area etc. Castlecourt shopping centre is only a 2 minute walk away so very convenient.
Room was nice and clean, beds were comfortable, bathroom was a bit on the small side however shower was very good, no shampoo provided so I had to make a trip out to purchase some. I had a child staying with me and we were at the end of a corridor so it was nice and quiet and we both slept very well. Breakfast was good and a wide range of tastes were catered for. I would recommend this hotel for anyone looking for a city centre location and basic accommodation. Will use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sunburnt O
Dear Sunburnt O,

We here at Ibis Belfast City Centre are deighted to see that your stay to our hotel was a good one, and that our location, facilities, rooms and staff met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Belfast.

London, UK
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Pros:
- Good value for money
- Close to city centre
- Quick check in / out by efficient staff
- Basic but good breakfast with choice of hot and cold foods
- Clean room
- No noticeable noise from outside the hotel

Cons:
- Noise insulation within the hotel wasn't that great. Wooden floors mean that you can hear people moving around. Another colleague also experienced some noise issues, but our other colleague said that he hadn't had any problems
- I was put in a disabled access room which had a connecting door to the next room. The connecting door from my room opened to what I think was the back of the wardrobe in the next room which completely filled the doorway and so was secure. Unfortunately what this meant is that I could hear everything going on in the next room even though the couple weren't talking particularly loudly. It was my bad luck that they didn't seem bothered about going to sleep :(
- Pillows were a bit thin
- The area around the hotel isn't that lively (if that's important to you)

I'm afraid that I probably wouldn't stay here again unless price was paramount. But if I did, then I'd bring along some earplugs just in case.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank jytraveller
Dear Jytraveller,

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to see that on the whole you found us good value for money. I am sorry to see that you had a couple of issues during your stay. In regards to the connecting door to the next room: due to security, each room has their own door. You can only enter the next room when both doors are open.
As people have different preferences with comfort we do keep an extra supply of pillows, which are available on request.
I do hope that you choose to stay with us on your next visit to Belfast.

Kind Regards,

Cowbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2013

2 night stay - over easter.

Fast check in. Clean room. Noisy corridors and you can hear people moving around above you thanks to the wooden floors. Noisy may be a bit harsh, but certainly noticeable.

Internet worked very well - free of charge. TV, Kettle in room, 2 towels. Plenty of hot water, shower (no bath).

The hotel is in the city centre so there is plenty of security (ie a swipe) on the front door and again from reception to the rooms. Lively characters in reception around midnight one night i was there - reception that night was un-manned, had to wait 10 mins just to get change for the coke machine.

The hotel is in a good location - 5 mins walk from the shops. Breakfast on site available but there was a good place just down the road - better value, cheaper and certainly more homely.

The hotel appears new - so in good order. Taxi station outside (£9 to the Stena Line terminal).

Would I stay there again, if the Premier Inn were available - no i wouldnt.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rugbysw11
Dear Rugbysw11,

We at the Ibis Belfast City Centre very much appreciate all your comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments.
We do hope that you will choose to stay with us again in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stayed St Patrick's weekend. Usual IBIS quality, although this hotel has not had the bed upgrades yet that other IBIS's have had. Area around the hotel isn't the greatest, but you are only a few minutes walk from the city centre. Be careful if you use the cab firm opposite the hotel, they don't use meters, but theu will deliver carryout at anytime of the night! Don't bother with the £7 for a mediocre breakfast, lots of cafes nearby to get a proper fry, or at the weekends walk down to St George's Market for the best Belfast Baps!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank 210Derrysue
VikrantTyagi, General Manager at Ibis Belfast City Centre, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear 210DerrySue,

We at the Ibis Belfast City Centre very much appreciate all your thoughts. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, and having noted all your comments.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.